Cartoon/Western Animation General

northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
I’m starting to think the live action film Netflix is also doing might be more respectful.  
I’ve never seen the original he man so I didn’t have much interest in watching a continuation
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I dunno, Netflix might try to put odd mandates on it, but then again, Sega would fight back if they tried to turn it into the “Amy Rose Show,” or something.

@Dex Stewart  
They’re still trying to advertise it as a “continuation,” even though it’s not…

One good thing is, Mark Hamil is a good Skeletor, and has great cornball evil badguy lines. And yet, we barely get to see him in the series either.

@northern haste  
Dude, the cornball 1987 “Masters of the Universe” movie was more respectful.

I actually enjoyed some controversial things like the “Loki” series, and “Black Widow” movie, but even I can find little good to say about this new Netflix bomb.
Background Pony #8F4C
Dex,I bumped the anonymous button  
Watching episode 5:  
Orko* is still dead!  
But no one seems to care that much…  
They act like we’re supposed to know who He-Ro is.  
Swearing is allowed alot more than I would have thought.  
I hate Evil Lyn’s long hair. I miss her short hair.  
Oh look, Adam’s on a hoverboard,doesn’t that give you warm fuzzies thinking about the old show… Yeah,why the slimy pits of hell aren’t I just watching that?  
Oh it’s Vikor how cute,so many characters making their animated debut in this Trainwreck.  
Wun-dar is here too and I want to cry.  
Black Grayskull. Why is he the only raceswapped character? Aside from Andra.  
I don’t like Grayskull’s voice.  
He insults Castle Grayskull’s appearance,which would be cute if they hadn’t established it’s actually the hall of wisdom.  
Not even halfway through…I’m so done with this…  
I’m calling it,Roboto dies at some point in the series.  
Ah,it wouldn’t be Revelation without Teela throwing a little bitch fit.  
Moss Man is totally pointless,but it’s a charming scene,knowing Alan Oppenheimer returned to provide his voice.  
Oh boy,the power sword is restored  
Holy crap,|| I was right,Roboto dies. I should write this show. Of course,he’s the only one who’s voice I really liked.||  
For all Teela’s complex about keeping secrets,she doesn’t tell Adam what’s going on.  
Oh good,it’s Tri-Klops’s cult. I’m so glad they’re back because they were such a fascinating premise…blahhhhhh  
Spoilers,for anyone who really cares  
Grayskull is backagic is restored,Skeletor cones back and kills Adam. Boo fucking hoo.  
Mark Hamill gives a good performance. Too bad it’s in this.

YAAAYY ITS OVER!
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #8F4C  
How was your trainwreck?

I feel in regards to Teela, while they tried to make her into a more active hero, honestly they kinda end up making her an unlikeable, brooding, scowling, Karen-haircut-having, biotch.

I seriously don’t understand how that makes her a “better/stronger” character. So they failed even trying to elivate her.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky  
Real Teela:  
fullfullfullfull  
The snarky but brave warrior, skeptical at times but a loyal friend. That’s the real Teela.  
Revelation Teela is just a whiny self entitled nothing. She’s-aa Mary Sue?!  
Also I’m supremely disappointed so many characters fans have waited literally decades to see in animation made their debut here. The best I can do is hope the upcoming cgi He-man show is better.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
I wouldn’t say she’s a Sue, as she has some flaws, but the problem is she never tries to make up for them, nor better herself, admit she overreacted over Adam, and such. It’s like the show is trying to say a person like that is fine that way, which is honestly a bad role model.  
(Remember when MotU had good role models?)

The previous Teelas were better, people trying to claim “she was a pushover” or “anti-feminist” before, know nothing of her.  
The new Teela just makes her look bad.

(Also, I should totally draw my avatar skunk dressed as Stinkor for lulz. Lol)
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky  
Maybe they should’ve called it He/Man or Masters/Universe  
It’s a Power/Rangers joke.  
A “fan” film where the rangers are brutally murdered,Bulk and Skull are coke heads who sell out the rangers to the bad guys,and Tommy has sex with Rita.  
I may have blurred some details,it wasn’t something I’d ever want to watch again.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
That sounds oddly similar, except this one is at least not a “gritty adult reboot.” …CW’s PowerPuff Girls live-action is already going to have that covered… (That leaked pilot script is cringe.)

I think I’ve lost all hope for any upcoming reboot… Heck, I was even thinking of giving the new Space Jam a shot, but now I don’t wanna in fear… I’ve lost hope. :(

Hug Skunky…
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky  
The new Space Jam was actually okay. Not bad,not good. A few little problems and nitpicks. It feels very much of it’s time. Like the old one felt like a cheesy flick,this one feels like modern cheese. Too much cgi,a forced in moral for LeBron James,a lame villain,too much cgi,ready player one influence,too much cgi,not enough 2d.  
If you do end up seeing it,tell me if the villain reminds you of Smoke.  
full  
I kinda wish they had used this guy.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
I guess in fairness, the original Space Jam was a cheesefest too. (But that 90s cheese is why we loved it, plus the animation/live-action effect was almost as good as Roger Rabbit.)

They should’ve had George C. Scott as the villain. :P
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
I do wish legacy made use out of the bw characters. I mean apart from When they are getting the other toons from the other movie worlds They don’t really do much was it.  
People have been comparing it to ready player one but I think that actually went all the way was it And even felt more like a tribute a pop culture in general then just wb’s library
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Oh,I didn’t like Lola’s new voice. It’s not bad, but it’s kinda distracting at times and there was zero reason to recast her.  
Kath Soucie is still in movies!
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
Kath actually is Lola in some of the new Looney Tunes shorts.

I missed the voice actors/actresses of my youth. You hardly hear Rob Paulson or Jim Cummings in stuff anymore.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide