Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #3099
“Cartoons shouldn’t be low effort just because they’re for kids, because kids are smarter than you think and can understand complex themes!”.
I think if anything, people OVERESTIMATE how smart kids are. Little kids are kind of dumb, honestly. They’re always doing stupid things and getting themselves hurt.
I also think people overestimate kids’ taste in entertainment. How else do you explain Peppa Pig being so popular?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
Yeah, especially the ones full of fart jokes…
I mean I can appreciate poopy vulgar humor sometimes, but some adult shows go to overboard, and get kinda childish with it. Like a kid who giggles when he hears the word “boobie.”
Like honestly, I thought “Space Ghost Coast to Coast” was much better adult humor before it started adding cussing, and random vulgarity like Zorak pissing on SG’s head.
Vulgar humor has to have timing, and some surprise to work.
To quote Groucho Marx in “Duck Soup,” if you’re going to tell a dirty joke, you have to know how to tell it.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
Yeah, similarly most prefered “Ren & Stimpy’s” kid show over the later adult incarnation, because the original was already vulgar enough, and it was interesting to see what humor they could get away with.
The adult version with no restraint became honestly uncomfortable to watch. Especially, “Ren Seaks Help.”
Not saying all adult animation is bad, I like stuff like “Superjail,” and “Aqua Teen,” so I’m no prude.
It just depends on how it’s done.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

All In (Amphibia) was quite… outstanding.
Marcy Wu definitely mauls Mabel Pines in regards to “how did they handle a false fantasy land where it’s exactly what they hope for.” She ultimately had the Wit to see through it, see it for what it was.
Andrias is probably one of my favorite villains, very interesting mindset to me. I really liked how his rematch with Anne was more than fighting, but also in a philosophical sense. The way it ended… it hurt. So bittersweet. I rationalize him being that way with Marcy in TC as it being him trying to tell himself “she’s just like Leif, so she deserves these consequences,” but in the end, he couldn’t stop caring, despite himself. Kind of surprised about him being a cyborg, but not entirely. He saw himself as having come too far, done so many horrible things… so he listened to Leif. He opened his heart, and let Anne (Heart) tear through him, so he’d be forcibly stopped. Keith David did an outstanding job in selling his emotional scenes. It really recontextualizes things when it was revealed the Core wanted him to immediately kill Marcy, but he talked it into the “Drain their power using the Temples which are a way to pass on the responsibilities of that power, get the Box” plan.
Darcy/the Core was pretty damn brutal, to literally cut off Grime’s arm (he pushed Sasha out of the scythe’s way) and make a “disarmed” joke about it, and it cut Sasha in the back. The damned hivemind’s supreme lack of empathy (not truly capable of understanding what makes others tick beyond a surface level) and brutal sadism was its downfall
Sasha was a badass, through and through, the way she pushed on, through her injuries and pain, to finish it.
…there really was a lot to take in on that one.
I can appreciate how I once expected Belos from The Owl House to be a more sympathetic villain, being well-intentioned on some level, compared to Andrias, but I was proven spectacularly wrong in a compelling way on both counts, with Belos being so thoroughly twisted on every level, and Andrias being a full-blown tragic villain, given all the context.
Definitely interested to see how it ends; pulling a repeat of SVTFOE’s last season seems nigh-impossible at this point.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@AC97
I highly doubt Amphibia’s finale would be kinda rushed since it was planned for 3 seasons from the start.
Owl House on the other hand, I’m worried it will end up badly since Disney shortened the season and then cancelled it after 3 seasons.
ElderD
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@4Town Fan
A little off topic, but wanna hear something funny? When I was little, before I saw what a red panda actually looks like. I thought they were just a red colored giant panda.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Angrybrony
In the context of the movie, the Rescue Rangers are just a tv show. It’s trying to be a meta Roger Rabbit thing. So, not exactly reboot, but not really a comeback either.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide