Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Hollowfox The Worst
Have you ever seen the show Star Trek: Voyager?
It’s a contentious show among fans for many reasons, but IMO one of the things it did right in my opinion is that among the main characters were Tom Paris and B’Elanna Torres, who were adversaries at the beginning but then became friends, and then were a married couple and had a child by the end of the show. It worked because they got together before the end of the show, so we didn’t have all the buildup with none of the payoff, and they still had issues to work through, like their difference in background and species, but they powered through it and never divorced or broke up.
Every other show should take a lesson from this. You can still have conflict in the story without relying on boring relationship drama, and you can still have relationship development without the couple breaking up and then getting back together seasons later (which is cliche at this point).
As for what Rayla and Callum could have specifically done for development of their relationship, I’m going to quote my earlier big text rundown of the latest season.
They could’ve had a conflict about duty, with Rayla being opposed to Callum being so interested in the same mirror that corrupted Viren, or Callum being frustrated or afraid (which turns into anger) at the fact that Viren’s corpse or Claudia weren’t found and Rayla gave up on looking for them, or even their societies frowning upon the elf/human romance and them having to power through it.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
I swear the Devil just keeps getting fruitier with each new season, also nice we got two Christmas episodes one for Cuphead and one for the Devil.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
The Cuphead show explained Chalice’s backstory finally, needless to say it’s different from the canon of the game but it’s still interesting.
Chalice apparently died and her soul was going to belong to the Devil but she made a bargain to have her body back provided she return the favor to him in the future, and that favor of course was Cuphead’s soul. I understand they had to invent something for her character on the show since the DLC hadn’t come out yet at the time, but for what it’s worth I think this backstory was fitting and at least explains why she can turn ghost anytime she wants.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
You know what’s weird? It’s been six years and we still have no Zootopia sequel.
I know there was supposed to be a series, but I haven’t heard anything about it since its original announcement, and even that was supposed to follow other characters in the city instead of Nick and Judy.
Pretty strange that Gisney wouldn’t make one, given that the original movie was critically acclaimed and was something like the fourth highest grossing film of 2016.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@icicle wicicle 1517
I guess. I’m used to shows having much more hype behind them.
Granted, I was still prepping for Mystery of Aaravos at that time, but you’d think I’d have heard about this new show.
Then again, the decision to only focus on other characters instead of the main duo was a weird one.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
Really odd how Disney+ and HBO Max have an assortment of classic shorts and Peacock….doesn’t. Even more perplexing considering Universal is number 3 in terms of the size of their old cartoon archive (Walter Lantz shorts, most Paramount Famous Studios shorts and the whole Felix the Cat archive).
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@Dex Stewart
My favorite part was Karnage shooting at Kit, then Baloo retaliates by throwing a pineapple through the Sea Duck’s blades, causing pineapple slices to hit Karnage in the face. 😂
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Remember when cartoon theme songs were mainly comprised of clips from the show? Sometimes they’re done in a sequence, like in “The Little Mermaid” intro clips were arranged to make it look like sharks were going to attack Ariel, then King Triton shows up, blasts them and Ariel embraces her father for saving her.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Just finished the first two episodes of The Owl House season 2. Here are my thoughts.
I thought the season started off on a weird note with the pirate stuff. It felt like it was going for a less comedic tone, which I can appreciate given the events at the end of season 1, but the jokes that were there a lot of them didn’t land for me. I dunno, it just didn’t have the same energy as season 1 did. Thankfully, episode 2 is a lot better.
I like that Lilith not only is seemingly going to play a bigger role in season 2, but that she has developed this relationship with Hooty. I think their dynamic together is a lot of fun.
I’m really intrigued by the dynamic of Amity’s parents. I thought both of them would be controlling of her, thus explaining why Amity is the way she is. Instead, it’s like the father is doing the bidding of Amity’s mom. I could see a situation where the dad maybe realizes how mean the mom is being and tells her he wants a divorce.
The monster they create at the end of episode 2 kinda looks like Thanos. Lol.
Lastly, I continue to enjoy the stuff between Luz and Amity. As I said before, their relationship is what made me to desire to check out the series. And man, does it not disappoint. They have done a meticulous job developing their relationship over the course of the last 21 episodes, while managing not to feel unearned or rushed in any way. As a writer myself, I view it as peak storytelling. And really, the second episode of season 2 feels like a pivotal moment for the relationship of Amity and Luz. It feels as if we’re finally starting to see Luz view Amity as possibly more than just her friend. I can’t say enough good things about that aspect of the show.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide