Cartoon/Western Animation General

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
Thanks to the multiverse theory, there’s a universe out there where not only did the movie get a proper theatrical release instead of going straight to Disney+, but it WON the globe. Now if only there were a way for me to travel there…
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
@icicle wicicle 1517
Hang on, I’ll check it out when I get home from Black Panther 2. (My second time, mom’s first, she had cataract surgery a while back so she couldn’t see a movie in theaters, literally speaking, but they’ve healed up recently and I believe this is the last week they’re showing it on the big screen)
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

So I guess they have decided to black face Jessica Drew for the Spider-Verse. Nothing says anything like sloppy-second hand characters with Fan fic level writing for an excuse.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony

@Dex Stewart
Nope. She’s entirely made up for racists to feel better because they Gave another. to the lessers. If that isn’t the reason; Why to they believe Classical white characters are the gold standard that need to be sloppy seconds? It’s either a “mantle” or just plan changing them.
If they really cared. Why would they want include the actual black Spider Woman? to be apart of the movie?
Easy. People knows Jessica Drew. They don’t know about Valerie and don’t care. Just care about pretending to, because it’s easier. That’s why “characters” like Miles is just a prop. Which is why he needs a dozen other well known character to prop him up.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony

@Dex Stewart
He couldn’t.
He could barely carry his own comics without leeching off Spider-man’s friends, enemies and story plot. He relies heavily on others for motivation and even to save the day for him. There was an anthology book with a short story for him and what was it about? Miles have to be rescued by a group of more popular characters. Even then they couldn’t have him stand on his own. He becomes a sidekick more often then not, even in his own book.
The entire series of “what if”s server to prove he’s more a prop then anything. There was What if Spider-man was the Punisher? which was kick ass. With him it was What if Miles was a very good boy? with that god awful Thor one, dripping with stereotypes.
Even Marvel admits this. They just have comic covers reading his name.
A movie about Spider-Man 2099(The real one, the Italian pretending to be in the verse) Scarlet Spider and Spider-Women would do better, because They’re actual characters with actual stories. Although, with way Marvel doesn’t care about their characters anymore. I’m beginning to doubt.
Posted Report
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Dex Stewart
Which leads to a few questions- What kind of movie would Miles Morales star in if not an au where he’s one of many version of an existing super hero.
Maybe like an space explorer checking out other worlds and their wild life.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Bruh he literally carried an entire universe.
The Ultimate line of comics was losing sales as a whole but the Miles run of Spiderman was still selling disproportionately well. So when they ended the Ultimate universe with a big ol’ multiverse event Miles was still allowed to survive when pretty much everything else from his canon was concluded.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony

@Dustcan
And even during that, people still called him a clone and he hasn’t done anything other then milling about with a title he yoinked from a dead man that’s alive in his new world and taken in like a lost purse puppy. being the “top selling” of a dying brand isn’t really the medal you think it is. What was the top selling of the Vertigo reboot? yeah, no one cares.
@phoenixacezero
I’d say make it a platform to start his actual story. Move him out of New York, put him away from every. That way he relies sole on himself. Makes his own friends and enemies. No “Oh look! It’s that recognizable Spider-man villain and character that coincidently followed me!” Hell, take away the web-shooters. Since he got them from Spider-man, he doesn’t know how to make web fluid, so he only gets a few cartridges once in a while. Making him rely more on the venom stinger tips they complete forgot about, in stead making him a bargain bin electro and Invisible women which inadvertently making Spider Work Girlfriend Gwen’s one gimmick moot.
speaking of; even this stupid “romance” in the movie is pretty much just as pointless. They’re not making her all of a sudden in the comics hook up with MJ, but he’s seen as being so useless, he’ll just be okay with it, being the third wheel and cling to her leg like a lost puppy. Which is Pathetic. I almost wonder if people like Miles because he’s a bigger loser then them. He lost his entire universe, friends, family and he’s just taken in like a charity case and he’s okay with that, how sad…
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Of course people say he’s a clone. Peter’s got enough of them to fill out an entire zip code. It’s almost a running gag that anytime someone in New York sees a spider-themed super they think the Jackal is responsible.
Oh wait you meant IRL. I keep forgetting you never play/read about the things you whinge about.
If you did you’d know he’s already had a several of his own comic lines with few to none appearances with Peter, been on a few teams, including being co-leaders of the Champions, was a central figure in at least 3 Event Comics, already has his own rogues gallery and, oh yeah, his Venom Blast are practically his WWE-esque signature finisher in almost every fight.
Like that last one is especially a self-report. His two biggest powers that separates him from vanilla Spiderman is his Venom Blast and his camouflage, but whereas the latter keeps getting forgotten about the former shows up almost every time he does.
Cyborg_pony

@Dustcan
Then why does he need to still ride the coattails of others and fight someone else’s villains? “keeps getting forgotten
Not even his writer can remember him and what he can do or Sounds more like they just made up powers and like the venom blast to try and make him more unique. since more powers means better character right? Bendis was never a good writer.
Co-leader of the Champions? Yeah sure he was…. And where did that end up. Most likely pennied Ollies with the rest of his and many other series to be sold for a nickel for the entire run. Big difference between orders and sales, and unfortunately; comic shops are stuck with unsellable product. Did we really need another Superhero registration act story? No, we didn’t - and having it follow that gaggled self-absorbed tools didn’t endure anyone to them and most didn’t even know it happened since it was just a last attempt at a nobody writer literally hired on what she looked like.
Most of the time I noticed, the people that need to bring up people not doing something, usually don’t as well. Maybe if you had read them, they might wouldn’t have been canceled. Buying them on the cheap, or having an app doesn’t count.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide