Some of our subdomains are being deprecated. Effective March 1, 2024, www.derpibooru.org and www.trixiebooru.org will redirect to their non-www counterparts. Read further / discuss here.

Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #1166
Quagmire saying that “At least he’s honest” about dating women for their bodies is so ridiculously and blatantly false, I can’t believe people actually use it as a reason Quagmire is better than Brian. Quagmire has never been “honest” about getting with women.
We’re talking about a guy who pretended to be a priest so he could get with women seeking shelter during a hurricane, spies on women in the bathroom, and faked his own death to get out of a marriage.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I think with the Disney Princess and the Frog movie, it came out too early. In 2009, everyone was stil looking forward to the future, to progress. The rise of HD, Obama, Blu ray, and especially cgi, people were looking forwaed to progress.
And I think movies like Avatar, Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda just showed the world what cgi was capable of.
And Frog Princess? It must have seemed more like a movie from the 90s in comparison. People I think were not as interested in nostalgia back then and wanted the future instead.
But I think if it were released today, people would be more willing to see it, just because it would be a call back to the Disney movies of old. People these days I think are tired of the modern and want to go back to purer older age.
Even Disney knows this to some extent with its live action remakes or the Star Wars sequel trilogy. But I think they could do so much more if they tried something new but in an old fashion rather than something old in a new fashion.
blue-case90
Dango - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I distinctly remember seeing “Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol” during Cartoon Network’s “Christmas in July” special back in the early 2000s, and it’s funny how despite the fact that this nearsighted old man is known for getting himself into accidents thanks to his vision issue, he’s a very talented dramatic actor (which makes sense considering he’s following a script so he doesn’t hit anything or cause any major dilemmas during the show, only before and after)
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Background Pony #1166
He is still honest about only wanting them for their bodies, not how he goes about it. I will say like with Simpsons, they turned the voice of reason into an unrepentant douchebag. Like when Quagmire helped him get his Teeth fixed and backstabbed him.
Same with Simpsons, everyone is really one note anymore.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Cyborg_pony
Maybe Quagsire meant less about being honest to other people and more being honest to himself.
Where he knows he’s a scumbag pos who lies and manipulates and doesn’t care at all and will do his degeneracy with no care, whereas Brian is not as terrible but despite the bad things he does do, he still thinks of himself as high and mighty and better than everyone else.
blue-case90

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
It’s the same series that regularly makes fun of a certain event that Seth Macfarlane himself almost died in, only being spared because he was hungover and missed his flight.
Cyborg_pony

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Brian definitely does. Brian would be one of those types to say he’s “for the cause” whatever that is to get into some girls pants. He would also make sure the one he’s sleeping with that night to pick up the tab, and Brain has legit tried to go after an underage character. A popstar for sure, I can’t recall any others.
Brian also tended to get with woman who were as Stewie said once “A child” meaning extremely immature and very dumb for lack of better wording, mostly to make himself feel superior to them when on dates with how educated he is, but also hates it because they’re just idiots, meaning the reason he picked them was looks. When he dated a woman smarter then him, he didn’t like it because she showed him as the poser is he. Just “Smart” enough.
The one time Quagmire had slept with an underage girl by accident he didn’t even know she was, freaked out and almost went to prison for it, but his mom bailed him out last minute. If I remember correctly.
Quagmire definitely knows he’s a POS, and meant to be the joke of the character. With Brian, it felt like a dumbing down of his character overall and hasn’t really amounted to much other then he is man-whore(despite being a dog) and I’m not sure if I’m supposed to root for him or not.
Background Pony #8531
@Angrybrony
I know Cyborgs an annoying rabblerouser, but he’s not necessarily wrong in this case.
I mean yes Quagsire deserves to burn in hell. But this all misses the point.
The point is Brian has his own vices that while not borderline rapist is still scummy in its own way.
BOTH can be scum.
And I’d say the point of Quagsire dissing Brian is not to make Quagsire look like some sort of genius or saint or even have some redeemable quality. The point was to show how far Brian has morally bankrupt if even the most worthless exvuse for a human being talks him down. If anything thats what I call humiliation.
Cyborg_pony

@Background Pony #8531
I don’t know who would try to defend Brain. The guy has been shown to be a massive contrarian at time. Picking sides he can get something out of it even if it’s just feeling “special” then others. Another way to feed that smug egotism. “Look at you going with the sheep. I’m going my own way!” when really he is just following trends like other hipsters.
blue-case90

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@northern haste
I was REALLY hoping for Tweedy to die for real. Imagine my shock (and slight disappointment) when she not only survives but is covered in bread crumbs. Well, at least we have the robo ducks and the explosions at Fun-Land Farms until another sequel is announced.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide