Cartoon/Western Animation General

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
One of the things I love about The Dragon Prince is that gay couples and deaf people aren’t treated out of the ordinary. They’re treated like normal people. The show doesn’t draw attention to the fact there are gay couples or people who are deaf. They just treat it like it is no big deal. That is refreshing to see. Most shows don’t tackle such topics with that level of nuance.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I find it strange Rayla wants to take Callum to her home village. You know, because she disobeyed authority? You would think she would distance herself from her family as much as possible.

This actually comes into play later, as you’ve probably seen already.  
One of the things I love about The Dragon Prince is that gay couples and deaf people aren’t treated out of the ordinary. They’re treated like normal people. The show doesn’t draw attention to the fact there are gay couples or people who are deaf. They just treat it like it is no big deal. That is refreshing to see. Most shows don’t tackle such topics with that level of nuance.

Pretty much, yeah. This is the sort of portrayal that is likely to hold up well in years to come.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I will say if I had one complaint, it’s that I felt the Ezran arrest scene wasn’t explained well enough. At first, I was confused as to why he was being put in prison. I don’t think it was necessarily rushed, but just written somewhat sloppily.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Holofan4life  
LOL, yep, the Wonderwall joke had me cackling as well.

And yeahhh, honestly Ezran’s arc felt very unsatisfying. It was easily the low point of the season for me. That said, there are far more high points to balance it out, so I’m still okay with it.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
@TheHappySpaceman

I don’t hate Ezran’s arc. I think it’s rather interesting, him being young and being put into a position of power. That, to me, is an interesting story idea. Just that one moment felt written not so well.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Another thing I like about The Dragon Prince is Soren. Man, what a refreshing take on the idiot character. It seems like with most shows, whenever there’s a character who’s dim-witted, that what their character is. But Soren feels like so much more. While he is the idiot doofus, he isn’t afraid to act on his own. He’s also very caring of his sister.

In a way, I see Soren as being like Homer Simpson. Dim-witted, but caring about his loved ones and wants to do good.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Holofan4life  
Yeah, I love how multifaceted Soren is. And also the fact that he isn’t a jerk. The temptation with so many idiot characters is to also have them be assholes, but Soren isn’t one. His overall arc in Book Three is very well executed, and it’s one of my favorite parts of the season alongside Rayla and Callum’s relationship.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide