Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #C7C1
Saw a thread on what the best decade for cartoons was. I say the 2010s.

Adventure Time  
Gravity Falls  
Steven Universe  
MLP: FiM  
Hilda  
The Dragon Prince  
Amphibia  
Bojack Horseman  
Rick and Morty  
Primal  
Ducktales
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #6B08  
That’s debatable, as I feel many other decades have had good cartoons too,even as far back as the 1930s.  
(And honestly half those 2010s shows didn’t interest me much, or I lost interest in. R&M was funny/clever at first, but then it just got to a point like most cliché adult animated sitcoms where it tries too hard to be constantly edgy/vulgar/creepy/offensive, and loses it’s dignity that balanced that out. Though, it still has it’s moments, so I don’t wanna completely bash it like many do online.)

In fact, I still feel Disney’s “Snow White” was pretty impressive for it’s time, even for today. While it may seem “kiddy,” “old,” or “not very progressive” by today’s standards, underneath it’s fluff, it was very beautifully painted, smoothly animated, had some good humor, took nice liberties to expand the original fairy-tale’s lore, and some surprisingly dark/creepy/edgy moments.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
I’m with you on that, just cause something is old doesn’t mean it can’t still be enjoyed by today’s standards, and just about all my favorite Disney films are the ones that came out when Walt was still alive.

@Background Pony #6B08  
Also best shows of the decade but no Unikitty?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
True… (“Uncle Grandpa” comes to mind.)

“Regular Show” was pretty good though for a 2010 show, despite kinda reusing that “monster of the week” gag too much.

@Dr_Osaka  
Unikitty had it’s moments. Sometimes it was annoying, but other times it was very funny, and even adorable in a MLP:FIM kinda way. I liked how Unikitty was genuinely sweet to her friends, and brother, and cared about them, despite her craziness. (She was even nice to her enemies.) Plus, I liked the unique Lego character designs. A pretty underrated show.

“Sonic Boom” was another decent 2010s show, it’s only problem was it was less action-focused then other classic Sonic cartoons, and felt more like a Sonic parody then a legit show sometimes.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
Speaking of which the golden age of Nickelodeon is the 90’s. After the 90’s it all started to go downhill.  
Rugrats  
Doug  
Ahh Real Monsters  
Rocko’s Modern Life  
Hey Arnold  
Wild Thornberrys  
and Spongebob(It started in the 90’s an is still going on)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
No Angry Beavers?

Also, ignoring John K’s disgusting crimes, I still like “Ren & Stimpy,” (underneath it’s grossness, it was surprisingly clever, and had a certain classical cartoon vibe, and dignity about it) and in fairness, John K. only made like the first few episodes.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
True… The ’90s were pretty good for cartoons too. Batman, the entire Disney Afternoon line-up, Aladdin: The Series, (Littler Mermaid the series was pretty good too) Sonic SatA.M., Animaniacs, Pinkie & the Brain, Freakazoid, Ninja Turtles, and many others.

The ’80s, ’70s, ’60s, ect. had some good stuff too.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
I was pleasantly surprised how good that show actualy turned out since I never really cared all that much for the LEGO movie with the exception of Unikitty.

@igotnopicks  
I grew up watching Nickelodeon when it first came out, loved so many of their early shows and even some later ones I didn’t mind like Fairly OddParents and My Life as a Teenage Robot, not to mention Avatar
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Aside from growing up with the Sonic games I also watched the cartoons as well.  
It’s funny looking back on AoStH now considering how corny it is and how many YouTube Poops it inspired, but I still have a soft spot for it and let’s all face it Long John Baldry is a fantastic Robotnik
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
Long John Baldry Robotnik & his badniks kinda stole the show sometimes. Though, despite it’s cartoon craziness, sometimes even AoStH would have some serious moments like when a character is in danger, or something, and Sonic really does care about Tails like a cute kid brother.  
So it had some dignity. Some fans also felt it felt more true to the abstract old games then the more serious SatA.M. toon did.

Surprisingly, there’s an unaired pilot promo short on Youtube of AoStH, and in it, it had some areas. and robots that looked more true to the Sonic 1&2 games, and oddly Robotnik was voiced by Jim Cummings (like SatA.M., though using a more comical tone) in it too.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@igotnopicks  
I REALLY hated the 90’s. With the soul exception of Tiny Toon Adventures, Little Mermaid and Aladdin almost everything else left me cold. The 80’s were my era. I even lost interest in the Turtles, which I loved as a kid (apparently they had horrible multi-year hiatus issues about then, which might be why).

That doesn’t count Disney’s theatrical output of course, which was fucking golden (and then the 2000’s hit, and holy shit did their fortunes change).

2000’s? Eeehhhh… well it had Teen Titans and Samurai Jack.

…I kinda have to agree that 2010 was REALLY good for animation.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Philweasel  
I’m kinda the opposite, I prefered the ’90s over the 2000s, granted I was a kid in the ’90s.  
Samurai Jack was cool though.

The 2003 TMNT revival was pretty good, and followed the original Mirage comics better.

@Dr_Osaka  
Yeah, both offered something different, and nice.
Background Pony #A06D
@Philweasel  
I’m the polar opposite. I feel like the 90s to roughly the first half of the 00s was the peak of animation. And the 10s have been one of the worst decades for animation, rivaling the 70s for me.

Yeah, you still had some good cartoons, but for every good cartoon you had five crappy ones, and almost all of the good ones feel like they were horribly screwed over while the shit cartoons inexplicably last five times as long.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
I’m kinda the opposite, I prefered the ’90s over the 2000s, granted I was a kid in the ’90s.
Samurai Jack was cool though.

I’m man enough to admit that a lot of the 80’s output is objectively rubbish, but at the time He-Man, Inspector Gadget, Real Ghostbusters, Alvin and the Chipmunks and Care Bears were my jive man.

Most of them have aged really badly or blatantly display the massive amount of cocaine the creators were on, but nostalgia is a powerful thing.

I thought I liked the 90’s, but looking back a lot of the shows I liked came out in the latter half of the 80’s. To be fair the 90’s was when I discovered a little thing called Sailor Moon, and for the next decade it was all big eyes and bad dubbing (and huge tits and tentacles, as puberty had hit hard).
Background Pony #2E76
Wow. Glitch Techs turned out to be even a lot better than I expected. The best Nickelodeon show in years. I love it.
Background Pony #2E76
@Vivace

Indeed. I expected a mere mindless fun videogame themed show. What I got instead is an awesome videogame themed show with relatable and likeable characters and great MLP style morals. I love it.

Also if I think about the fact that the creator is the same of that crap of Fanboy and Chum Chum, I’m mind blowned even more.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I’m not the biggest Funko Pop fan, but I couldn’t help myself

full

I wanted to get Rayla but Barnes and Noble didn’t have her. They had two Callums and two Ezrans. They told me they’ll have two Raylas in stock next week. They ordered some but they haven’t come yet.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide