Cartoon/Western Animation General

Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Jarkes  
ahh, yeah totes agree and i don’t even watch that show but i heard about the whole one token minority to rule them all who also get’s brutally killed over and over because of her powers,
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@TheHappySpaceman  
It’s not even about capitalism.

Look at Marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek! They’re not making money, they don’t care! They’re just doing it for their own ego.

There was that guy that bragged about “ruining childhood” because he could, can and will. They hold zero respect for what came before. Mostly because they’ll get a paycheck and then move on to something else.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
In fairness, the Marvel movies are still pretty good.

And some have some have some respect for old properties, the Sonic movie was made by those that cared about the franchise, and it’s doing well.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Jarkes  
I’ve seen the same attitude reverberated, and given his… accomplishments I feel that guy was being honest. Which is all too big an occurrence in entertainment.

@Lord Goku  
Phase 4’s gonna be a disaster! Every character people cared about are dead or replaced. You got the she-hulk writer attacking south park, like a conservative from the 90s!

It’s not looking good.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Philweasel  
Ah yes, that one time Tony Stark killed the AI version of himself that he set up in case he ever turned into “this”. The good Tony, as one would say.

Oh and then he scammed the entire West Coast with nanobots he poured into the water supply that reconfigures their physical attributes (aka making everyone into hotties) but placed it behind a ridiculously-priced subscription.

Jesus that whole arc was a mess.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Scrabbleman  
@Philweasel  
Yeesh, that happened in the comics? That seems to be turning Tony Stark into more of a villain then a hero.

I know comic books are supposed to be weird or even shocking sometimes, (heck, you’d be surprised to know even the Sonic the Hedgehog comics went through a weird/gritty phase) but that’s a bit much, and almost as cringy as Captain America fighting tea-partiers, or suddenly becoming a Hydra agent. Even the movie kinda referenced/made fun of that Hydra bit.

@Angrybrony  
I don’t know, you’d be surprised at how many obscure characters have fans, even before the movies.

Heck, I’m not a big Marvel fan, but I liked Ego the living planet, even before he appeared in GOTG2.
Background Pony #C7C1
Remember when GWAR did the music for an episode of Kids Next Door, and it was awesome?
Background Pony #C7C1
Disney has a new CEO. Are we headed towards another Disney dark age? Disney seems to go in cycles. They have a great period, (30s-50s), then they go through a dark age, (60s-80s,) then they have another great period (90s), then another dark age (2000s).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #6B08  
Truthfully, I still liked alot of Disney’s “dark age” stuff. (Robin Hood, Oliver & Co., ect.)

Also, shouldn’t the late-2000s/early-2010s be considered another great period? (Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Frozen, Wreck it Ralph, Toy Story 3, Inside-Out, Coco, ect.)
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Background Pony #6B08  
I find it most bizarre that they’re both called Bob.

And honestly he’s been the senior executive of almost all of Disney’s major components and has obviously been groomed for the position, so likelihood is you’ve already seen any changes he was going to make.

But seriously, Bob Iger took an ailing company and turned into a fucking titan of nerd entertainment, that honestly at some points produced like… 70% of my TV and movie consumption over the year. He’s almost seventy now, and I’m going to forgo any speculation on the future to wish him a happy retirement.
Background Pony #C7C1
I’m more interested in foreign animated films like Ernest and Celestine and Song of the Sea than Disney movies.

I think I’m becoming an animation hipster.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide