Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #2CE1
SU ends tonight.

The last of the great 2010s cartoons (SU, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, and MLP) ends tonight.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Vivace  
Well I said ‘technically’ because space doesn’t have a temperature. Space is a vacuum, and you can’t heat a vacuum.

Things IN space however, get hot. A steel surface in earth orbit will heat to 250 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the point where the heat it’s losing via infrared radiation equalises with the energy it’s absorbing from the sun. It’s why spaceships are shiny, spin (to reduce the time any one area is being heated) and have lots of thermal radiators, if they didn’t they would cook.

Around Mars it’s a little over 70 degrees, which is still reasonably warm considering.

There’s also the fact that you lose heat pretty slowly in space, and lose heat slower the colder you are. Even in deep space away from a star, spaceship design has to take into account the fact that very hot objects (like a reactor, or extensive electronics) will heat a spaceship up beyond human tolerances unless some kind of active cooling system is put in place.

In comparison, you lose heat very quickly in a cold environment within an atmosphere, because you’re actively being cooled by the airflow and the surfaces you’re touching.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Remember the Bee Movie?

I must have watched it 50 times and i just thought the other day that something about it was really messed up.

One of the things Berry asks for as settlement is “An end to the glorification of the bear, as anything other than a several derogatory statements

And i realized this is a court case that demands humankind adopt prejudice towards a certain animal.

That’s pretty fucked.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@WyrmSpawN  
The most unrealistic thing about that Movie is that Africanised bees didn’t genocide the Normal bees and steal their bees now that human no longer protect them
Philweasel

Right About Everything
I’m watching Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, and damn, if it isn’t still really good.

The animation is all over the place though. It’s actually rather charming, even if it is rather jarring to eyes used to art entirely produced on tablets and computers.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Philweasel  
I kinda miss non-digital animation personally, I think that flawed, imperfect style has more appeal to it. And I kinda miss seeing characters that aren’t just a bunch of circles, and straight lines.

But yeah, that was a great show, and I think some of it’s animation was done by TMS. You can kinda tell, ’cause some old “Disney Afternoon” & ‘90s WB shows (like Tiny Tunes & Animaniacs) would occasionally make anime-ish expressions, or have anime tropes like “cross-popping veins.”

@northern haste  
Pretty much. While it wasn’t bad honestly, I think Mater is perhaps better in smaller doses, and the secret agent theme made it less realistic then the first & third ones.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
another issue I noticed was the movies is the idea of parts no longer being made.  
I mean these are actual living creatures in this universe why would they stop making important for them
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Philweasel  
The characterization confuses me. Chip seems to be static , while Dale seems to be a dumbass and screws things up AND gets pissed when Chip calls him out. O.o

Were they going for an everyman vibe with Chip?
Background Pony #2CE1
Occasionally, I hear people complaining about the death of Saturday morning cartoons.

Saturday morning cartoons became obsolete when channels like Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon started airing cartoons all day, and are even more so with streaming and the internet.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #0DEE  
I really hate we’ve become so dependent on technology that many nice things are being called “obsolete.” Next thing you know, going outside to the store will become “obsolete” thanks to online internet shopping…

Channels like Nick & CN mostly rerun the same 3 or 4 popular shows all day, so they have rarely any room for anything new, or unique.

As a kid, every year the Saturday Morning line-up on channels like ABC, Fox, CBS, ect. that didn’t normally play children stuff during the rest of the week always had many new things, and many new line-ups, and more variety. And there’s something more appealing about watching something for you on a channel that normally doesn’t cater to you as a kid.

While streaming is convenient, oftentimes there’s so many things to chose from, I can’t make up my mind what to watch, so sometimes it’s nice to just turn on a TV to something else random that you don’t need to search for, read about, or have a fast internet connection for.

That’s why I still liked Saturday Morning TV.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Marx  
Chip is Indiana Jones with the serial numbers filed off, so grumpy, snarking, determined everyman is kinda what they were going for. Dale’s there to balance that with a bit of light hearted comic relief.

They’re kinda Twilight and Pinkie thinking about it.

@Beau Skunky  
I respect the ambition with the animation. Characters will not stop moving, and sure the frames jump all over the place but it sure gives it a sense of motion.

The physics are hilarious sometimes though. In the pilot Gadget casually lifts Chip, Dale and Monterey Jack above her head with one hand while suspended in midair, which seems… improbable.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide