Cartoon/Western Animation General

northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
Maybe it’s just me but I’m currently 12 seasons into the Simpsons and and I feel like people were over exaggerating how great the animation was in earlier seasons compared to later ones.  
I do remember seeing a gif comparing animation but it was using the intro which are commonly well known for having better production values than the actual shows
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Truthfully, I kinda prefer the old flawed cel-animation style of earlier seasons, and that might be why others prefer them. Sure newer seasons look more bright, and crisp, as well as more detailed, (allowing them to do some things they couldn’t before) but somehow, they look too perfect, and machine-made to me, and look less hand drawn.

Digital art/animation is nice, don’t get me wrong, but somehow old hand-drawn cel animation have a certain flawed, and more human look to them. While there’s some things you can’t do as good with classic cel-animation, there’s some things you can’t do with digital either. (That’s why they animated that Cuphead game the old way, to get that authentic look.)
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
And but the hand drawn charm is the only thing I’m getting for it.  
Maybe I might get it a bit more when get to the digital era of the show but so far the characters were not leaping off the screen
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I understand. Though, that one first season episode, “Some Enchanted Evening” famously had very bad animation, even the makers on the DVD commentary weren’t pleased by it.

So it wasn’t always perfect either.
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

A little over halfway through season “Book” 2 of Avatar.

I actually appreciate the show’s humor despite laughing exactly once so far.

I’m not a fan of the constant use of over-animated facial expressions but that’s my only complaint so far.

I can see why people praise the writing though. Little things like Iroh meeting the baby the Gaang delivered are just nice little touches to have, as well as characters returning that I assumed were one-offs.

I still find it kind of silly how none of the factions have a more proper name than Element Type of Society but that’s just nitpicking.
northern haste
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
Are there any videos about the original version of toy story 2?  
I don’t really want to be the scripts to that one.  
In case you don’t know what I’m talking about apparently the original script was so bad John lasseter insisted that they start from scratch despite only having a year left to do it(not as only The script but the entire movie
northern haste
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
So apparently the people making chicken run 2 didn’t even attempt to get Ginger’s original actor to reprise her role because apparently she sounds too old and again they didn’t even bring her in to see if she could do the voice again  
https://twitter.com/JuliaSawalha1/status/1281303593337982976?s=19  
Here is a video she did have heard me during the lines and she sounds spot-on she sent it to the producers but they said they were going to go ahead with a actor anyway
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@igotnopicks  
I’ve never cried over a work of fiction. I’m not saying that to sound macho, it’s just how I am. But that was the closest any show has gotten me to in recent memory.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The hidden dangers of a cat girl.

More western cartoons need to A. Have cat girls and B. Just make them literal fucking cats because its hilarious.

full

full  
full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide