Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #7839
“Character(s) get sick” episodes are a lot less funny now due to COVID.
Background Pony #39E7
Here’s a show that’s very popular with kids right now, but I feel deserves more attention amongst older animation fans: an Australian animated series called Bluey.  
full

It’s about a blue heeler puppy named Bluey (hence the show’s title) living in Brisbane, Queensland with her little sister Bingo (who’s a red heeler puppy), her mother Chilli, and her father Bandit. Each episode focuses on a slice-of-life scenario, and usually involves Bluey and Bingo playing an imaginary game, with their parents and sometimes other characters joining them.

The show is clearly aimed at a very young audience (even younger than Friendship is Magic), but unlike many other shows with the same target audience, it doesn’t talk down to children. It’s actually a very smart and well-written series, and definitely has a lot of effort put into it with gorgeous animation and incredibly likable characters.

Speaking of which, Chilli and Bandit are honestly two of my favorite parent characters ever. They clearly love their children and enjoy tagging along with their imaginary games, but they’re not afraid of being tough on them when they misbehave, and even admit when they themselves screw up. They’re such good characters that real adults are actually taking advice from them and applying it to their own children. Seriously, check out these articles:  
https://www.the-father-hood.com/article/bluey-how-a-cartoon-dog-became-your-ultimate-guide-to-fatherhood/  
https://www.abc.net.au/everyday/what-parents-can-keep-learning-from-bluey/11870752

Another thing I’d like to mention about the show that I find very sweet is that it’s creator, Joe Brumm, claims it was made as a love letter to his own children, who he really liked playing with when they were young, and was disappointed to see his playtime with them slowly get taken away as they grew up and became too preoccupied with academic learning. He believes that self-directed and unstructured play is natural in shaping children and allowing them to develop, and has gone on record by saying “There’s no counting in Bluey, there’s no learning this or that … just show ‘em playing. It’s to show parents that the kids aren’t just mucking around. They’re learning to play, learning to share … and generally you can just put your feet up and let ‘em do it.”

Honestly, in a time with so much darkness and negativity going on, it’s nice to have such a feel-good show like Bluey to help people get though it. It’s currently my favorite show, and it really deserves more attention.

If any of you wanna check out Bluey for yourself, there’s currently 103 episodes (each of which are seven minutes long) spanning two seasons (there’s still one episode of Season 2 that hasn’t aired yet however, and a third season has been confirmed). It airs on ABC Kids in Australia and Disney Junior in the US, although if you want to take the streaming route, it can be found on ABC iView in Australia and Disney+ and DisneyNOW in the US (Disney+ has the first season, while DisneyNOW has 26 episodes of the second season; the remaining Season 2 episodes are scheduled to premiere in the US starting February 5th).
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
Even though I know MLP won’t lose many fans no matter what happens; Filly Funtasia still never fails at giving me the feeling of anxiety whenever I see too many people worry about the quality of MLP.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@WyrmSpawN  
Yuppers. It’s for realsies.  
I’m excited,I’ve always loved the work parts of Monsters Inc.  
I always wanted to see more of just the monsters’ everyday lives.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’m watching the Clone Wars for the first time. I’d seen the Tartakovsky series,but not the cg one. It’s pretty good. Kinda slow,but I like the focus on war campaigns.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Vivace  
What convinced me to check it out was a fan edit of scenes from the later seasons with Revenge of the Sith. It really helped Revenge feel a little more personal.
northern haste
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
OK I’m at the 1st 2 episodes was hondo ohnaka and Something really weird happened.  
The try to druging anakin and obi wan’s drink That they swap their drinks so they don’t drink it But in the next episode they are in a prison cell after being drugged. The hell?
northern haste
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Vivace  
So swapping the drinks was completely pointless?  
And I just double checked the powder is put into 2 cups and the person bringing the drink only has 2 cups
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide