Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #B319
The little jab at the “Martha” scene from Batman v. Superman almost got cut from the Teen Titans Go! movie.
Background Pony #69C7
I’m seriously thinking to break up with Disney after I finish Amphibia and The Owl House. The imminent Amphibia scandal will cause many creators who wanted to work with Disney to have a second thought on that, so there will be less and less quality cartoons on Disney from now on. (in case you aren’t awared of what the Amphibia scandal is: basically, at 5 hours from the hiring, Disney delayed the S2 finale of the show at a TBD date. And that’s already bad enough per say. However what is worse is that THEY FORGOT TELLING ITUNES ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE EPISODE WAS DELAYED. So iTunes released it the next day as their already established scheduled said. And so the episode leaked online and after people watched it… we figured why they delayed it. Without spoiling anything: they want to alter/censor a scene of the episode. So basically other than being corwards that change their mind at the very last minute and can’t even pull off their stupid plans, they also don’t have respect or the vision of the people they hire to make cartoons. How despicable). Also their movies after Moana sucked, so I have no more reasons to watch those neither.

I think I have no more reason to support them anymore. I will finish the rest of Amphibia and The Owl House, then I’ll be done with Disney for good.
Background Pony #69C7
At the very end of the episode Marcy gets stabbed by Andrias, and his sword stabbing her body is seen on-screen. I think that is what they’re gonna censor, even if there’s not blood whatsoever…
Background Pony #69C7
@Penguin Dragneel

But at least Matt Braly DARED to do something this big… and Disney screwed it up so badly… at the very last minute. The worst thing is, if they just told iTunes to not release the episode on Sunday, this mess could have been avoided. Nobody would have figured out they were gonna censor something.

Still, their corwardiness and lack of respect of the vision of the people they chose to make cartoons is just unforgivable for me. I’m not gonna support them after this… not that there’s gonna be much from them to support after this anyway…
Background Pony #A4F4
The Hunchback of Notre Dame is like the only Disney Animated film that I’ve heard is very dark, but even then they still had to censors certain things out.
Background Pony #69C7
@Cyborg_pony

Still, the situation is incredibly stupid. If they thought that that scene would be too much why didn’t they told it to Braly to tone it down months ago instead of CHANGING MIND AT 5 HOURS FROM THE AIRING? Also their own stupid censoring plan got screwed up when they forgot telling iTunes about the delay of the episode. With the first version of the episode avaliable online (and downloadable via torrent so it’s pretty much impossible to get rid of) everyone will see what Disney did, and a huge scandal will happen. And seeing that other creators who were willing to work with Disney will have a second thought on such decision and because of that now less and less people with great creations in mind will work with them, and so from now one good Disney shows will become less and less (like if the drop of quality in their animated movies wasn’t bad enough).

I have no reason to keep watching their stuff. And for the record: if I’m gonna watch the rest of Amphibia and The Owl House, I do it for Matt Braly and Dana Terrace, because I respect them and I love their shows, not because they’re Disney shows. I just hope Disney is not gonna make them more dirty than they’re already doing…
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Dex Stewart  
A lot of older Disney cartoons were able to balance being dark and disturbing while still being family friendly. Examples like Dumbo,Alice in Wonderland, The Great Mouse Detective, Bambi and many more. They really need to start getting back to those days.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Atlantis isn’t even that old relatively.  
Also here’s Warp from the Buzz Lightyear cartoon.full  
The series literally began with what Buzz thought was Warp’s death,and there’s a wake afterward.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@WyrmSpawN  
I don’t know what that means but I’m going to think you agree on my statement 😅. I think when cartoons can catch the attention of even adults and make adults disturbed or laugh, that’s when you have a good cartoon. A lot of these cartoons nowadays are boring and only belittling the attention span of children. I just think we need some balance.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
Here’s a couple dark Disney moments.
full

That’s not a dark Disney moment. That’s just Betrayal in disney movie. The darkest part of that movie was the bad guy getting crystalized.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@igotnopicks  
I found the as of the moment friendly characters being revealed to not be who we thought to be darker than the death of a character who at that point was already established to be a villain.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide