Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Cyborg_pony  
They went all SJW and started targeting anyone who drew NSFW content, and anyone who was friends with people who drew NSFW content. They started doxxing them and sharing edited, out-of-context screenshots of Discord messages to try to make them look bad. And I was one of their targets.
Background Pony #C5F0
@TheHappySpaceman

… Hey. I heard what you’ve been throught and I’m really sorry for that. But I want to encourage you to not give up on the show only because of the fandom. A year and half ago, you were the one thanks to who I started watching TDP in the first place, without you I would have never discovered the show, so I think I should return the favor now. All I can do it is suggesting you to take some time off and not think about the show or the fandom for a while, and then when the show returns to watch it by yourself, without the toxic fandom (after all, I enjoyed the show while NEVER getting close to it, so for me the hiatus has been easier to stand).

In other words: don’t give up. Just take a break and don’t think about it until the time comes buddy.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@ichiban iceychan 1517  
@LightningBolt  
@Penguin Dragneel  
Yeah, it’s a lot of bad blood, a lot of water under the bridge. And man, it’s easier to ignore a fandom being crappy towards someone when you and your friends aren’t the target.

@Background Pony #C5F0  
Wow, thanks for letting me know. I didn’t realize my tastes in media had that big an influence on others. I just… I don’t know. I haven’t been interested in the tabletop game they’re making, and they’ve been so slow in actual show output, especially after the underwhelming comic, that combined with the aforementioned toxicity of the fandom towards me, I really feel no need to continue interacting with or making content for the show.

I’ll probably watch the new season when it comes out, but it won’t be one of my favorite shows like it used to be.
Background Pony #C5F0
@TheHappySpaceman

Oh… right… I forgot about that disappointing comic and the BS that came from it… Well, that a more justified reason to lose interest in the series, but I will wait for the whole new season to see if it’s bad as the comic or not. I just hope that the BS derived by that comic won’t last for too long…

Anyway, take your time to make a decision, then when news about the S4 come up decide if keep going or not.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@TheHappySpaceman  
Jesus… They couldn’t get the creator booted and went scorched earth. I wouldn’t doubt most of them have NSFW of other characters and are just targeting Dragon prince out of spite. I’ve seen it before. There’s someone that whined about Dragon Maid being “CP” and anyone that likes it is guilty of pre-crimes, while lusting after Bakugo and Kirishima having done pron and pron stories and that’s fine because reason.

This is why gatekeeping has gone from an unthinkable action to a nearly integral to protect fans and hobbies by a lot of people.
Background Pony #89BD
The promo for True Colors, the S2 finale of Amphibia, has a content warning.

Disney Channel has been pushing the boundaries of cartoons since at least Gravity Falls.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Background Pony #C5F0  
Thanks. Yeah, I just don’t know how they’re going to resolve the comic business in the show proper in a way that makes sense for both people who have and haven’t read the comic.

@Cyborg_pony  
That’s exactly what it is. I’ve noticed that the only NSFW artists they’re targeting are those who have been outspoken about how they think the entire situation with the creator is BS. All the ones who believe the accusations or haven’t made any statements regarding it, they ignore. So it’s not really about NSFW art, they just want to foster their groupthink.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide