Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
In case anyone missed the leak in all its… majesty, I would advise you for legal reasons not to search Twitter for “ppg.pdf”. (I was gonna include a download link, but for the site’s sake I probably shouldn’t.)

You have to understand, I was a huge Powerpuff fan as a kid. It’s what got me into the pony fandom. So this is…

…???!!!???…

I can’t believe it’s real. I still can’t believe it’s real, even after the copyright strike. Like, WB should have Glomared that shit. “We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a pilot script.” Honestly, it reads like one of those “I forced a bot” memes. You know, “I forced a bot to watch 1,000 hours of CW dramas, then asked it to write a CW drama of its own.” But a professional writer did this. Presumably in exchange for money. Or at least the expectation of money.

I’ve read better fanfic. I’ve written better fanfic.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Dex Stewart  
Given those that made 2016 like Ms. Twelve forever and the guy whose self-insert got Blossom humid as Florida. If someone said that was from an unreleased episode from the canned 2016 show, I wouldn’t doubt it. They do make it real easy to edit cartoons anymore.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
Aparently the original cartoon was going to be a show in universe.  
Obviously just an easy way to explain anything That’s different
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@northern haste  
And then it takes a gratuitous dig at the cartoon, saying it “totally whitewashed [them]”.

Who the balls was this show made for? I mean, I was not optimistic, but I was at least open to the possibility that it might not entirely suck. And there’s a part of me that thinks they were trying to be sort of tongue-in-cheek about the whole thing, like with the Professor–sorry, “Drake”–always “Drake”, never “the Professor”–telling Bubbles to “stick to the character bible”, but… I don’t know if it sounded better in the writer’s head than it does on the page, or if it’s really that bad. And the script’s labeled “Network Revision”, so it’s possible that we’re seeing a mash-up of competing visions between the CW suits and Mmes. Cody and Regnier. And the network reportedly rejected the pilot for being “too campy” and not “rooted in reality”, so it sounds like things are gonna get worse before they get better.

I mean, I can almost, almost see this thing working as a straight-up parody. Like an Adult Swim show. Animated. That’s the key thing. Same art style, same character models, maybe use the aged-up proportions we saw in “City of Clipsville”. With this dialogue. Totally ridiculous, and leaning into the ridiculousness. Instead… eh.

@northern haste  
IIRC she was the only one with a (heterosexual) crush in the original show.

Coulda made her bi. If you’re gonna write her as a ho-bag anyway, may as well give her twice the playing field to work with.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Hali the Emoji girl  
In Powerpuff Girls Z,the anime,there were other girls who crushed on Buttercup,or Kaoru,her civilian name. I at first thought,oh,of course,she’s gonna be into girls,right? But then, nope. Turns out she’s into dudes. Dudes with big muscles.
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Penguin Dragneel  
Remember when EqG came out, and you could feel the pain in Lauren’s Twitter account? And that wasn’t even an original property. And I think it’s fair to say the people who made the movie were at least trying to do right by her.

This was Craig’s student film. It was his baby. A dumb little idea he had in college that turned into a silly little short for the then-fledgling Cartoon Network that turned into a beloved cultural icon. Six seasons and a movie, before that was a meme. A Japanese spinoff. A tenth anniversary special. A reimagining for a new generation of fans. And now… this. This thing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide