Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Hot take but it kind of feels like a weird choice to release the Kyoshi movie first out of all of them.
Like, think of it from a business perspective. They’re already taking quite a risk by having these films to be released to theaters, and having them be hand-drawn 2D animation, so then making the first film about a character who appeared for five minutes tops in the original show may not be appealing to casual viewers who only know the Gaang, or maybe the characters from Korra. So I really hope the die-hard Avatar fandom is big enough that there will be people in the seats.
What I’m worried about is that the first film will tank, or will do moderately well but not “well enough” (which is unfortunately tied to insane expectations nowadays), and take the other two down with it.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@TheHappySpaceman
Probably not, then you have to take in how Korra killed the whole concept of the Avatar with how bending comes from Lion-turtles and the avatar just has a sleeve ghost, then erased all the prior Avatars including Kyoshi, Roku and Aang, THEN you have to take into account the very lackluster ending that will most likely will the last movie will probably just be a lot of milling about.
Prediction:
KYOSHI: A more drawn out explanation of how the island came about.
ZUKO: Finding Mum.
korra: Nothing of importance and will most like still be a braggadocios hot-head while being the bestest. Like we haven’t suffered through enough of that.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@TheHappySpaceman
Any name recognition is good and Kyoshi offers more freedom, I’m sure once marketing gets done it will have plenty of hype, even with how little she showed up she’s always been the most popular past avatar even with howuch more screen time Roku and Wan had
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Cyborg_pony
…I don’t see how the entire first paragraph has anything to do with what I was saying at all.
@Thanotos Omega
I just hope the marketing is good enough to drum up interest among casual viewers. Again, of course the die hard fans will see it, but I don’t know if enough normies will line up to watch it in theaters.
@igotnopicks
What are you talking about?
(If this is a scene from Korra, then please note that I said “young adults.” Not middle-aged.)
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@igotnopicks
Yes, but to them as middle-aged people. I’m talking about them as young adults. 20s to early 30s… you know, my age range.
We have all the info about them as kids, and after they had kids of their own, but none about them as young adults.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide