Cartoon/Western Animation General

Bob-dude

Watching the leaked Tiny Toons pilot and while flawed as hell I think comparing it to Velma is being just a bit hyperbolic but I’ll see if my opinion changes by the end of it.
And cyborg, are you EVER happy about anything? Like, ever? Because as a long time lurker on this thread, I have to say, the answer seems: No.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@Bob-dude
Most people choose to be sour and cynical, and try to influence that on others. It’ll never happen to me, because I like finding silver linings.
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
We’re no longer allowed to say Simpsons or Family Guy should end because they keep people employed.
I mean, given what’s been happening the last few months. It’s nice for once to look on the bright side of things
Also, last I heard the last couple of seasons have been viewed a lot more favorably no?
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Kiryu-Chan
I haven’t been keeping up with the latest simpsons/family guy seasons but I’ve been seeing a rise in positive support for them online, so I guess the new seasons must be doing something.
@Bob-dude
Haven’t seen the leaks yet, only been seeing people saying bad things about it, but I feel like you’d need to put in a lot of effort to make a cartoon as bad as Velma
and cyborg basically hates any modern western cartoon, him acting bitter over anything new isnt a surprise
Posted Report
Bob-dude

Well I finished the rough pilot. Velma for preschoolers this is not. Not saying it’s good by any stretch but some jokes did actually land so it’s got that much going for it over Velma, but this strikes me as one of those ‘we can’t decide if we’re a reboot/continuation’ sort of reboots. Like, the cast being in college fits if you remember the original show, but it’s clearly not the OG continuity due to weird choices like Babs and Buster apparently being related now, and Max introducing himself to the gang at the coffee shop. And if this ep is supposed to be our first episode, it’s a weird as hell intro to the show, just opening flat out with a class instead of giving us something to ease the audience in, imo.
On my end, I’ll wait for the official show to drop and watch an episode or two before making any final judgements but right now my thoughts are: confused and mixed. Not terrible ala Velma, not great either.
Posted Report
Bob-dude

I was referencing how Dex on the previous page referred to the TT reboot as “Velma for preschoolers” without elaborating that bit of hyperbolic statement in the slightest which even to my eyes came off as being over exaggeratory in nature.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I saw “Puss in Boots: The Last Wish” today (my second time this year, decided that repeats are allowed on my “see one movie every week for a year” goal). Quick spoilers for my second watch:
  1. I actually kept an eye out for Death during the “crowd-wave” shot during Puss’s fight with the giant, he was in the upper-left corner, glaring at Puss while everyone else is cheering him on.
  2. After the bartender leaves following Puss’s visit with the doctor after his 8th life ended, I listened for the bell, and once it tolled 8 times, that’s when the candle on the ceiling goes out right before Death makes his first official appearance.
  3. I love when the Ethical Bug calls Jack out for being a selfish, irredeemable monster, Jack’s reaction is basically “No duh, Sherlock”.
Posted Report
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Jade Kitsune
I saw that too.
The name of location that appears depending on who hold the map was cool and suits the wielder really well including the last ones
Cave of Lost souls showed that he took his lives for granted and acted a fool and was there to tell him to reevaluate his life
shack of Nostalgia showed that that she already has a family
Meanwhile Kitty tied to what happened between puss and her at Santa Colona and wanting to be loved while Puerito is wanting friend will be asked if he wants to wish for some friends and simply saying no.
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

There’s apparent numbers being fudged about a HBO Max’s hit. Leading to what everyone already knew with the gratuitous violence, sex, one-note stereotypes, Mary Sueism and blatant racism.
Certain Media sites claims people want more of this, because those people, well, they would probably be Batman villains.
I still claim “season 2” is just S1, cut up to feign it was popular enough to get any more, considering the showrunner is throwing everyone under the bus. As it was said: “Every episode is a cringy eye-rolling slog that doesn’t seem to know who it’s audience is, yet, seems to despise them all the same.
I think that review sums it up well, but in the simplest terms for the simplest people;
Velma sucks.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Cyborg_pony
If it’s any consolation, 2 seasons are the industry standard so it’s barely impressive they are getting a second season.
The real question is if there will be a third one. I have a feeling this show will probably lose relevance by season 2.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Yeah. A very popular show That needed 8 articles a day begging people to watch to remind people it existed only got the typical two season episode order. After that most of the crew quit talking about it, other then the showrunner who only brought it up to use the very small fanbase it accumulated as a step-stool for clout.
I doubt it’ll get a third, with Mindy throwing the blame at everyone she can other then her. And it’s hilarious to watch the media one day say “This show is hot garbage!” to all of a sudden saying “Here’s why it’s so great!” They can’t be consistent, and it’s funny.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide