Cartoon/Western Animation General

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’m watching Pocahontas with it’s commentary.
I was hoping the sequel would have a commentary, but alas, only the first. I think the sequel is deserving of a commentary. I’d love to know some more about the making of it.
Animation legend Eric Goldberg is there. I loved hearing him talk about old Looney Tunes in interviews.
Originally Pocahontas was intended to be more comedic, but they abandoned that when an early scene didn’t go over well. When Rattcliffe boards the ship, a far camera shot would show the whole ship tilt when he steps on.
A scene added for comic relief during Pocahontas’s discussion with her father is mentioned. Meeko tips over a bowl that falls on top of Flit, and one of the people says that the scene never worked the way they intended because the focus is on Meeko and the bowl going over Flit goes by too fast. I always noticed it as a kid, so I dunno.
The song Just Around the Riverbend was sung by Judy Kuhn, It was intended to be redone by another singer but they kept in Kuhn’s version.
David Ogden Stiers, Rattcliffe’s VA, can do a british accent so well the voice director thought he actually was British.
The animator for John Smith tried to sneak in a smiley face on the biscuit Smith offers Meeko.
The creators were actively aware that they were deviating from reality for the sake of a good story.
Not brought up in the commentary, but I notice the design of King James in Rattcliffe’s song is pretty close to his design in the sequel.
The original ending to the song Mine,Mine,Mine was a pan out showing the forest destruction the British are causing. Test audiences found it uncomfortable and it was changed,though some thought that would have been an appropriate response.
The native American language Pocahontas speaks in the movie is Algonquin, which is historically accurate.
Despite the serious tone and occasional violence, the crew wanted a G rating.
The song Colors of the Wind was the first song written for the movie and influenced the direction of the film.
The idea for the movie initially wasn’t specifically about Pocahontas and John Smith, but just a generic Native American princess who falls in love with a generic white settler. That explains alot. I cant imagine someone looking to history or even reading John Smith’s stories and thinking of making Pocahontas a love interest for Smith.
A gag rejected was Meeko having a stash of stuff, including Aladdin’s lamp.
A brief scene where Meeko braids Pocahontas’s hair was inspired by a doll set of Pocahontas and Meeko.
Executives asked why the natives didn’t live in teepees and wear feathers in their hair. The short answer from the consultants was that they didn’t actually have those in this particular culture.
The scene where Kokoum is shot had a unique choice in the score, where everything goes silent. This was Allen Menken’s choice.
The colors in the song Savages look amazing on bluray.
Exact ages and dates weren’t known to the crew, but it wasn’t a big deal, as they considered it clearly fictional.
Pocahontas was a unique entry in that The two main characters aren’t together at the end. There was some questioning behind the scenes whether or not it could work.
Posted Report
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
I think Velma is a bad show when you put it into perspective.
  1. Characters are awful.
  2. Nobody likes the jokes.
  3. No SCOOBY DOO.
Other than that the Animation looks good from what I’ve seen. So that’s the only postive.
Posted Report
Jaredking779
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
@igotnopicks
There’s been a lotta people hating that show for many reason, especially like the ones you just mentioned. However, the worst show in the Scooby-Doo franchise since is Shaggy and Scooby Get A Clue, since those designs and style on that show were much worse compared to the designs and style on the Velma show.
I haven’t watched the show, but I think trying to watch a few episodes would be at least a little helpful to understand what the episodes are about. They are, as usual, about capturing the criminal for their crimes across the world.
Posted Report
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
I definitely hope I can get a shot at the movie.
I really wish to watch something fun, and since I like Mario for a long time since childhood, I really hope the final product would be amazing. I still loved Bowser in the trailer: “ Do you yield?” “I do not.”
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide