Fallout Thread

Generals » Fallout Thread Search Posts
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
We don’t have one, and after playing New Vegas some more. I think we need one.

So I’m going for a hardcore mode No Gods No Kings playthrough.

And since it has enough in common, fallout equestria is not off limits
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <soundtea> fappin to cartoon horses

Ocellus is best buggo
Actually just started playing NV on the first time on PC. Oh man does it blow the console version away. Loving how much fun you can have with the mods.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@soundtea  
I havent touched mods actually. What would you recommend?  
I’m going for a laser gunner/explosive thingie.

I may drop explosives, as they may be redundant.
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Ocellus is best buggo
@Whatevs  
Well first of all grab the Nexus Mod Manager and the New Vegas Script Extender to make most mods work and to make modding in general a lot easier.

I’d probably start with some of the popular mods, like using Project Nevada. Adds some tweaks (that can be disabled freely using the menu included in-game) and gives you a bigger stock of weapons to play with, plus letting you make the custom weapons from Fallout 3. Higher-tier helmets even come with custom night-vision and infrared vision.

Although really you should just take a browse around the New Vegas Nexus and she what you might like.

Oh yeah, if you hate that green/orange tint in either FO3 or New Vegas, grab Fellout so you can remove it. And maybe Electro-City if you want some more electric lights out in the wasteland. (do mind that this makes the nights quite a bit darker)
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@soundtea  
Sounds cool. Have you ever played a laser gunner character before?  
Aby pointers on what secondary skills/strengths synergize well with it?

I have all of the dlcs and as I said I’m playong on hardcore if that makes a difference.
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@Whatevs  
Well the great thing about the Laser Rifle is that with weapon mods it becomes the perfect sniper weapon. Plus you can craft souped up cells to power it up even more. Mad Bomber perk also lets you use spare MF Cells to make some disproportionately powerful grenades.
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@Whatevs  
Really the only disadvantage is the difficulty of finding energy weapons early on in the game. By the time you get to Vegas though you’ll have plenty of energy ammo and guns.
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
Oh yeah, almost forgot. Grab Mission Mojave, which is pretty much the unofficial patch for New Vegas. Just make sure to follow the instructions when installing it.
ender1200
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

i usually play stealth gunner. Sneak until you see them but they don see you, and start the battle by blowing someone head off!  
I especially love sniper rifles and assault rifles.

By the way who is your favorite companion?
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
ED-E. Strong laser, nice little quest, and also functions as a portable workbench and reloading table when you install Lonesome Road. Little guy’s a lifesaver. As for human companions, it would be Arcade Gannon for me.

I usually play a bit of all, with special attention to Explosives perks, Shotgun perks, and some energy ones.
Kazapsky
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Five scoops of ice cream
I don’t touch companions. Their AI is too moronic to be of any real help.

I prefer stealth gunner as well. Dropping one member of a spawn before the fight gets underway is huge. I try not to fixate on any one weapon - there’s just not enough ammo of any one type to get you through the game - but the “Guns” skill is broad enough to cover all the bases. Scoped gun for sniping, assault rifle for general purpose, shotgun for in close, pistol for small fries. Occasionally grenades if I can get the range right - they pack a wallop even without investing much in Explosives.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
So S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats.  
Every game I basically turn charisma down to 1 and use the difference to beef up all of my other stats.
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@Whatevs  
You can also use Perception as a dump stat, as the tick radar isn’t that essential and ED-E soon makes up for that small weakness with the Enhanced Sensors perk.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@soundtea  
But energy weaps and explosives rely on perception.

@Thanotos Omega  
It’s never clear what luck does or how it works in a lot of these games so I leave it alone.

My starting stats in New Vegas are

Strength 6  
Perception 6  
Endurance 6  
Charisma 1  
Intelligence 10  
Agility 6  
Luck 5
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide