Viewing last 25 versions of post by Random-Rambling in topic General Anime Thread

Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
"[@pixel":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5071276#post_5071276
[bq="pixel"]
) " 

> [
@The Equestrian Zodiac":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5071261#post_5071261
)
>
Ouch.

"

>
> [
@Random-Rambling":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5071187#post_5071187
)
>
Wait, how am I just now seeing this? That's a dangerous road you're on, brother. I'll be praying for you. 🙏 [/bq]

Dropping the gag for a minute, the story behind the English dub of Ghost Stories is amazing.

The TL;DR version is basically _the original Japanese flopped SO HARD, they told the English dub team said *"I don't care WHAT you have to do to sell this, but you NEED to sell this."_*

The script writers and voice actors were given absolute free rein over all aspects except for one restriction: don't change the story. Everything else, however, from character beats to voice direction to "[just straight-up throwing in raunchy jokes?":](https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RINHjxsPOEg) _***Go crazy.**_*
No reason given
Edited by Random-Rambling
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
"@pixel":/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5071276#post_5071276
[bq="pixel"] "@The Equestrian Zodiac":/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5071261#post_5071261
Ouch.

"@Random-Rambling":/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5071187#post_5071187
Wait, how am I just now seeing this? That's a dangerous road you're on, brother. I'll be praying for you. 🙏 [/bq]

Dropping the gag for a minute, the story behind the English dub of Ghost Stories is an amazing story.

The TL;DR version is basically _"I don't care WHAT you have to do to sell this, but you NEED to sell this."_

The script writers and voice actors were given absolute free rein over all aspects except for one restriction: don't change the story. Everything else, however, from character beats to voice direction to "just straight-up throwing in raunchy jokes?":https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RINHjxsPOEg _**Go crazy.**_
No reason given
Edited by Random-Rambling