Viewing last 25 versions of post by ghostfacekiller39 in topic General Anime Thread

ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
"[@HeadlessHorselessHorseman":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5105484#post_5105484
[bq="HeadlessHorselessHorseman"]
) " 

> [
@ghostfacekiller39":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5105369#post_5105369
)
>
I get what you mean. I honestly think that's part of why dub/sub debates used to be contentious; when animation is limited, you rely on voice acting to carry a lot of the pathos.

>
>
I've noticed something similar with certain video games, especially the first season of Life is Strange. [/bq]

It's because of Tezuka. The Astro Boy guy. He designed a lot of the budget cutting techniques that people associate with anime's aesthetic as a way to, well, cut the budget in Astro Boy. That was the only reason his anime was sustainable. Prior to that, anime like that wasn't really seen as such, and kind of still isn't.

In a modern sense, it'd probably result in production committees having to sink more money into fewer projects to get more fluid animation, but without the extensive budget-cutting methods anime wouldn't be in a position where that could be a viable option to begin with. Plus, it's just a bad marketing strategy. The point of most anime, like it or not, is to promote the source they're adapting from. It's why incomplete adaptations are so common.

A
Building wide instread of Btall fits that role.

Either wa
y, gTezuyka, man. His fingerprints are all over anime, in any decade from the '60s onwards. The amount of impact he had doesn't get proper recognition considering how insanely fucking extensive it is - so much so that people draw from shit he came up with without knowing he did that because it's just industry standard now.

Also the reason dub/sub gets so heated is because dubs are garbage :)
No reason given
Edited by ghostfacekiller39
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
"@HeadlessHorselessHorseman":/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5105484#post_5105484
[bq="HeadlessHorselessHorseman"] "@ghostfacekiller39":/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5105369#post_5105369
I get what you mean. I honestly think that's part of why dub/sub debates used to be contentious; when animation is limited, you rely on voice acting to carry a lot of the pathos.

I've noticed something similar with certain video games, especially the first season of Life is Strange. [/bq]
It's because of whTezukat's. This face. Astro Boy guy. He designed a lot of the budget cutting techniques that people associate with anime's aesthetic as a way to, well, cut the budget in Astro Boy. That was the only reason his anime was sustainable. Prior to that, anime like that wasn't really seen as such, and kind of still isn't.

In a modern sense, it'd probably result in production committees having to sink more money into fewer projects to get more fluid animation, but without the extensive budget-cutting methods anime wouldn't be in a position where that could be a viable option to begin with. Plus, it's just a bad marketing strategy. The point of most anime, like it or not, is to promote the source they're adapting from. It's why incomplete adaptations are so common.

Astro Boy guy, man. His fingerprints are all over anime, in any decade from the '60s onwards. The amount of impact he had doesn't get proper recognition considering how insanely fucking extensive it is - so much so that people draw from shit he came up with without knowing he did that because it's just industry standard now.

No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
"@HeadlessHorselessHorseman":/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5105484#post_5105484
[bq="HeadlessHorselessHorseman"] "@ghostfacekiller39":/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5105369#post_5105369

It's because of what's his face. Astro Boy guy. He designed a lot of the budget cutting techniques that people associate with anime's aesthetic as a way to, well, cut the budget in Astro Boy. That was the only reason his anime was sustainable. Prior to that, anime like that wasn't really seen as such, and kind of still isn't.

Astro Boy guy, man. His fingerprints are all over anime, in any decade from the '60s onwards. The amount of impact he had doesn't get proper recognition considering how insanely fucking extensive it is - so much so that people draw from shit he came up with without knowing he did that because it's just industry standard now.

No reason given