Viewing last 25 versions of post by ghostfacekiller39 in topic General Anime Thread

ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
Man, blindly following Trigger. Memories of 2014/2015.

Honestly? Kind of glad they fell off in brand popularity after their past few years of releases that seemed to fail to capture what made people like them. It was so hard to tolerate their fans. Nobody was as quick to put you and what you liked down and then put their stupid brand name on a pedestal like Trigger fans used to be. Trigger saving anime, my ass. The holiest of holier than thou. Trigger is here to take anime, fuck over everything you like, and make it "great" again. "Save" it. Hearing this over and over again was tiresome.

Studios don't matter. The people in them that call the shots that create the finished work matter. People didn't like Trigger. They liked Imaishi. And when Imaishi wasn't heading off works for them nearly as much as he used to, poof - there went the people who used to try to put Trigger over as the "saviors of anime." And, well, Imaishi's style never meant a cold, wet shit to me so I wouldn't have cared if he backed off or stayed.

Some studios leverage this type of brand name recognition into greatly increased budgets from production committees, though. They're not handing off Yaiba or BnHA to fuckin' studio .feel. Think Bones, MAPPA, White Fox, so on and so forth. Higher budgets = more money to sink into production values. Higher production values almost always guarantees a better response from the general audience. Better response means greater potential return on investment. So throw that investment at established, big brand studios. That's the only exception to people >>>>>> studio, and I'd honestly call it a noob trap. Dangle shiny thing and people grab and all, critical thinking be damned.

Otherwise? People >>>>>>> studio. Every time.
No reason given
Edited by ghostfacekiller39
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor

Honestly? Kind of glad they fell off in brand popularity after their past few years of releases that seemed to fail to capture what made people like them. It was so hard to tolerate their fans. Nobody was as quick to put you and what you liked down and then put their stupid brand name on a pedestal like Trigger fans used to be. Trigger saving anime, my ass. The holiest of holier than thou. Trigger is here to take anime, fuck over everything you like, and make it "great" again. "Save" it. Hearing this over and over again was tiresome.

Studios don't matter. The people in them that call the shots that create the finished work matter. People didn't like Trigger. They liked Imaishi. And when Imaishi wasn't heading off works for them nearly as much as he used to, poof - there went the people who used to try to put Trigger over as the "saviors of anime." And, well, Imaishi's style never meant a cold, wet shit to me so I wouldn't have cared if he backed off or stayed.

Some studios leverage this type of brand name recognition into greatly increased budgets from production committees, though. They're not handing off Yaiba or BnHA to fuckin' studio .feel. Think Bones, MAPPA, White Fox, so on and so forth. Higher budgets = more money to sink into production values. Higher production values almost always guarantees a better response from the general audience. Better response means greater potential return on investment. So throw that investment at established, big brand studios. That's the only exception to people >>>>>> studio, and I'd honestly call it a noob trap. Dangle shiny thing and people grab and all, critical thinking be damned.

Otherwise? People >>>>>>> studio. Every time.
No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor

No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor

Honestly? Kind of glad they fell off in brand popularity after their past few years of releases that seemed to fail to capture what made people like them. It was so hard to tolerate their fans. Nobody was as quick to put you and what you liked down and then put their stupid brand name on a pedestal like Trigger fans used to be. Trigger saving anime, my ass. The holiest of holier than thou.

No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor

Honestly? Kind of glad they fell off in brand popularity after their past few years of releases that seemed to fail to capture what made people like them. It was so hard to tolerate their fans. Nobody was as quick to put you and what you liked down and then put their stupid brand name on a pedestal like Trigger fans used to be. Trigger saving anime, my ass. The holiest of holier than thou.

Studios don't matter. The people in them that call the shots that create the finished work matter. People didn't like Trigger. They liked Imaishi. And when Imaishi wasn't heading off works for them nearly as much as he used to, poof - there went the people who used to try to put Trigger over as the "saviors of anime."

No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor

Studios don't matter. The people in them that call the shots that create the finished work matter. People didn't like Trigger. They liked Imaishi. And when Imaishi wasn't heading off works for them nearly as much as he used to, poof - there went the people who used to try to put Trigger over as the "saviors of anime."

Some studios leverage this type of brand name recognition into greatly increased budgets from production committees, though. They're not handing off Yaiba or BnHA to fuckin' studio .feel. Think Bones, MAPPA, White Fox, so on and so forth. Higher budgets = more money to sink into production values. Higher production values almost always guarantees a better response from the general audience. That's the only exception, and I'd honestly call it a noob trap. Dangle shiny thing and people grab and all, critical thinking be damned.
No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor

Honestly? Kind of glad they fell off in brand popularity after their past few years of releases that seemed to fail to capture what made people like them. It was so hard to tolerate themir fans. Nobody was as quick to put you and what you liked down and then put their stupid brand name on a pedestal like Trigger fans used to be. Trigger saving anime, my ass. The holiest of holier than thou.

Some studios leverage this type of brand name recognition into greatly increased budgets, though. Bones, MAPPA, so on and so forth. Higher budgets = more money to sink into production values. Higher production values almost always guarantees a better response from the general audience. That's the only exception, and I'd honestly call it a noob trap. Dangle shiny thing and people grab and all, critical thinking be damned.
No reason given