Viewing last 25 versions of post by Silent_Witness in topic General Anime Thread

Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
[@DarkObsidian](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5295908#post_5295908)
That’s actually some thing that I’ve mentioned before. One of my biggest grievances with anime adaptations of light novels is that in a lot of instances, they feel less like proper adaptations and more like extended advertisements for the light novels they're based on. I realize that commercial success plays a role in determining whether or not they get any kind of extension, but I takhe issuproblem wis th iat primarily because a lot of translators, both official and Internet-based, just doaren’t seem very interested in light novels, unless their anime adaptation is wildly successful and thus there’s incentive to translate the light novel its based onm. Because oOtherwise, most of the time, the anime is aonlly wthing anyone outside Japan will get. And that’s not even getting into the various issues that those adaptations can run into, which includes adapting out exposition that’s vital to understanding the story.
No reason given
Edited by Silent_Witness