Viewing last 25 versions of post by Holofan4life in topic General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I decided to check out Blue Lock since I'm a mod for the subreddit. And while I don't hate it per se, my suspension of disbelief is stretched pretty thin. I mean, the show is about finding the best soccer player in a battle royale type setting. And those who get eliminated get essentially blacklisted from the sport. You mean to tell me you'd be blacklisted even if you're one of the best? Episode 1 has one of best players be eliminated first, and you're saying he's no longer allowed to play? That is bullshit, and I find that hard to believe. Unless this is gonna play out later on down the line where the eliminated character fights to overturn the ruling, no way would he be blacklisted from the sport when he's better than most people at it.

I compare Blue Lock to Maid Wars, and I wonder why this doesn't sit right with me. Both shows are over the top, and I've been loving Maid Wars. It's my favorite anime this season besides Spy X Family. And I think it's because Maid Wars' over the top nature is played for comedy, whereas Blue Lock is played straight. Blue Lock has comedic scenes in it, but so far it's been mostly dramatic. I feel this hurts it as far as suspension of disbelief is concerned. Yeah, the characters call out how bullshit this whole system is, but it's not done for laughs. It's done totally seriously. Maybe my opinion will change once we get to the actual soccer portion, but it's kind of ridiculous the rules set in place. I mean, can't the parents just pull them out of the competition? I believe they're still in high school most of them.

That being said, the animation is incredible, the music is wonderful, and the action scenes so far are well done. It might honestly be the best animated show of the season. I don't find myself possibly dropping it anytime soon because while I have problems with it, I think it has more strengths than weaknesses. The suspension of disbelief is just something I try not to think about because of all the logic holes and the fact it's meant to be taken at face value.
No reason given
Edited by Holofan4life
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I decided to check out Blue Lock since I'm a mod for the subreddit. And while I don't hate it per se, my suspension of disbelief is stretched pretty thin. I mean, the show is about finding the best soccer player in a battle royale type setting. And those who get eliminated get essentially blacklisted from the sport. You mean to tell me you'd be blacklisted even if you're one of the best? Episode 1 has one of best players be eliminated first, and you're saying he's no longer allowed to play? That is bullshit, and I find that hard to believe. Unless this is gonna play out later on down the line where the eliminated character fights to overturn the ruling, no way would he be blacklisted from the sport when he's better than most people at it.

I compare Blue Lock to Maid Wars, and I wonder why this doesn't sit right with me. Both shows are over the top, and I've been loving Maid Wars. It's my favorite anime this season besides Spy X Family. And I think it's because Maid Wars' over the top nature is played for comedy, whereas Blue Lock is played straight. Blue Lock has comedic scenes in it, but so far it's been mostly dramatic. I feel this hurts it as far as suspension of disbelief. Yeah, the characters call out how bullshit this whole system is, but it's not done for laughs. It's done totally seriously. Maybe my opinion will change once we get to the actual soccer portion, but it's kind of ridiculous the rules set in place. I mean, can't the parents just pull them out of the competition? I believe they're still in high school most of them.

That being said, the animation is incredible, the music is wonderful, and the action scenes so far are well done. It might honestly be the best animated show of the season. I don't find myself possibly dropping it anytime soon because while I have problems with it, I think it has more strengths than weaknesses. The suspension of disbelief is just something I try not to think about because of all the logic holes and the fact it's meant to be taken at face value.
No reason given
Edited by Holofan4life
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I decided to check out Blue Lock since I'm a mod for the subreddit. And while I don't hate it per se, my suspension of disbelief is stretched pretty mucthin. I mean, the show is about finding the best soccer player in a battle royale type setting. And those who get eliminated get essentially blacklisted from the sport. You mean to tell me you'd be blacklisted even if you're one of the best? Episode 1 has one of best players be eliminated first, and you're saying he's no longer allowed to play? That is bullshit, and I find that hard to believe. Unless this is gonna play out later on down the line, no way would he be blacklisted from the sport when he's better than most people.

I compare Blue Lock to Maid Wars, and I wonder why this doesn't sit right with me. Both shows are over the top, and I've been loving Maid Wars. It's my favorite anime this season besides Spy X Family. And I think it's because Maid Wars' over the top nature is played for comedy, whereas Blue Lock is played straight. Blue Lock has comedic scenes in it, but so far it's been mostly dramatic. I feel this hurts it as far as suspension of disbelief. Yeah, the characters call out how bullshit this whole system is, but it's not done for laughs. It's done totally seriously. Maybe my opinion will change once we get to the actual soccer portion, but it's kind of ridiculous the rules set in place. I mean, can't the parents just pull them out of the competition? I believe they're still in high school most of them.

No reason given
Edited by Holofan4life