General Anime Thread

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Dr. Stone: Eps 1-2

I did not expect this show to be amazing. And I’m glad I was wrong.

I loved Senku. He’s just like me, but also a bit of a jerk. He’s smart, cocky, and obsessed with his passion. The pop culture references threw me off for a minute, but it still made me chuckle.

Taiju’s a bit of an idiot, but a lovable one at that.

I’ll save my thoughts on Tsukasa for next time, as I’m pretty sure they’re not done with his establishing character moments yet.
Moving On
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Thank you Netflix for releasing the filler half of Naruto even though you’re a month late and I’m already at Shippuden. How about giving us more Bleach arcs next time?
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
What’s with Toonami giving out all these TV-MA ratings recently? First SAO, then Promised Neverland, and now Dr Stone, Fire Force, and freakin’ BORUTO. Is the department becoming a bunch of SJW puritans? Or is there something I’m missing?
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Stayed at a friend’s place over the past 3 days, where I finished OPM S2 at a friend’s place. Pacing issues were helped by having friends around to distract me. Garou’s story was good, totally gets why some people would sympathize with the monsters in stories they’re not supposed to. King was a decent foil to Saitama, although wasn’t that interesting by himself. And I appreciate the show framing video games as a way to level the competitive playing field.

Gonna try to catch up on seasonal shit before I have to back to work. Probably going to skip my quarter post, but it’s not like people read it anyway.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@dt  
Do you think One Punch Man season 2 would have been better if it had better animation? Or do you feel the writing made up for the animation?
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Holofan4life  
I think it’s a mistake to completely separate those two elements in this case.

The animation was fine, carried hard by Kenichiro Aoki. My issues were the cinematography, choreography, compositing, design. Maybe it’s a matter of taste, but in a year with quite a lot of good anime action, I would not put OPM S2’s action close to the top.

As for the writing, it still has a number of good ideas. Saitama and Garou’s stories are good, and represents ideas that every character in the show and most of the audience still need to learn. But taking a step back in its aesthetic execution makes its writing flaws (comedy, world-building) more apparent.

The franchise’s strongest themes aren’t particularly original, but they are typically seen in dramas and slice-of-life. Those ideas being in a high-profile, sakuga-laden action title give them more punch. So the action taking a step back in S2 makes its ideas less impactful.

imo.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
What’s with Toonami giving out all these TV-MA ratings recently? First SAO, then Promised Neverland, and now Dr Stone, Fire Force, and freakin’ BORUTO. Is the department becoming a bunch of SJW puritans? Or is there something I’m missing?

Are we not gonna talk about this?
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@dt  
I don’t think the general populace cares about ratings. Those things only exist so that parents and consumers can’t sue them when the stuff is viewed by their kids.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Symphogear XV ep 9. I liked the way Maria brought back Tsubasa, fighting against the presumption that the powerful need to pursue more power because they have the right to. I liked the message that people don’t need protecting because they’re weak, but because they’re worth protecting. I liked Genjuro stopping Tsubasa when he did, it’s nice when shows take their own advice. And I might be stereotyping, but I love any time anime goes against the idea of unconditional filial piety. Maybe Tsubasa’s arc was done too quick, but it was good.

Felt kinda bad for Vanessa and co. They were always going to be betrayed, but for them to get cut down in such an undignified way was too abrupt. It’d be one thing if the show didn’t try to make them sympathetic, but they did. Even the Autoscorers had more of a send off this season. (Optimistically, I think they’ll be back. Cynically, I’d say they just didn’t know how to end their story.)

full

Re:Stage ep 9. As someone who had never had dreams of his own, this ep hurt a lot.

Sayu running away from home and opening up to Mana was good. Loved how the group got Sayu’s confidence back up. Much like Mana’s story, the cast reminded Sayu what she had convinced them, that theirs is a dream worth chasing.

The performance was good. The calm song, the slow choreography, the art, Sayu’s inner monologue about how Mana supports her and inspires her to grow. This show has been a pleasant surprise.

full

Aikatsu Friends ep 72. I liked Mirai admitting that she still has things to learn, and I enjoyed Karen’s newfound determination. Really liked Mirai insisting that Karen share her failures with her, along with her successes. This show has always handled its depictions of friendship well. And it’s always nice to see shows like this admit, even for a little bit, that it’s not that easy to change the world.

They performed Pride once more, and it’s such a good illustration of how LMT is greater than the sum of its parts. 1+1 = ∞.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Astra ep 10. The start felt pretty iffy, but the payoff was good. I have no doubts that they’re going to drag Charce back with them. I don’t mind that, but I do hope that the parents get their comeuppance, at least.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide