General Anime Thread

Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@dt  
“You see this wrench over my head? That’s not how far over my head it was. See that chart of the galaxy behind the wrench.? That’s how far over my head that was.”

[I don’t even know if that is supposed to be a chart of the galaxy or something. But there’s a lot of little dots so I’m rollin with it~]
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Zeb  
I don’t know what that is, either.

full

Flip Flappers ep 7. I was bothered with the way PapiCoco dealt Iroha’s trauma in the previous ep, and this ep actually showed them the consequences of their actions. With that issue “fixed,” Iroha sees no reason to paint, and the ambiguity of Cocona’s feelings about it points to how much our trauma and unhappiness are a part of of who we are. Even if we can’t see anything positive in them, it can still contribute to our better qualities. Something Cocona is only slowly coming to realize.

Narratively, this change in Iroha meant there was a connection between Pure Illusion and the real world, and was confirmed by Salt. The way he described the interactions between worlds underline how we may all inhibit the same physical space, but our different experiences and personalities mean we are all in our separate Pure Illusions, preventing a “utopia of perfect interaction.”

From Cocona’s perspective, this robs her of her escape. Pure Illusion was supposed to be a place free of consequence, and the show going back to the imagery used when we first meet Cocona heavily imply she’s regressing to her original safe space, when she was too scared to take any action.

The Pure Illusion this ep was very interesting, in that it seems to be questioning how Cocona sees Papika. Every Papika Cocona encounters is either something she sees or want from Papika. (I liked how the first one disappeared when it saw itself in a mirror, breaking the illusion.) But what was brilliant about this was how the Papika she knew wasn’t in that world, because she doesn’t know Papika. She still has a lot to learn about her, and Cocona rejects all of the fakes because she wants to know the real Papika.

Brilliant.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Cannon Busters ep 10. This was another fun ep about how bad Philly is at life, although I’m honestly expecting better from this show at this point. Casey learning from Philly is a bit concerning, since he isn’t the best role model. But I guess this counts as character and relationship development.

Astra ep 11. Charce’s martyr complex sure was annoying. Aries’ story was nice, at least.

The voice acting and music try really hard to carry the awkward writing this ep, can’t say it really got there.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
You know. I’ve never once gave a thought about who Goku’s mother was. But after seeing her in the new Broly movie: Dang she’s a cutie~

full  
Sucks she had to be genocided…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide