General Anime Thread

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I tend to avoid hyped up things, but I’ve started on Chainsaw Man, it’s hooked me pretty good.
I’ve never heard a main character I agree with so much.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Idea for a manga
A guy who doesn’t have any friends starts getting pestered by this girl he doesn’t know. Everywhere he goes she keeps following him around and pestering him and doing juvenile stuff like stomping on his foot and headbutting him. It doesn’t help matters that it turns out that she’s his next door neighbor!
After managing to break into his house, the guy demands to get an explanation. From there, the girl claims through a note she has a curse put on her that only allows her to be honest three times in her life, with her dying after the third time. This only of course raises more questions than answers, none the which the note being grossly filled with spelling errors.
As the guy finds out, she’s been trying to get his attention because her family died in a mysterious fire that only she survived. And, in her first act of honesty since the curse had been cast, she only pleads to the guy one simple request: please let me live with you because I like you.
From there, the guy and the girl go on a quest to try and get the spell lifted. And of course, wacky hijinks ensue where the guy puts up a jar for every time she is dishonest. That includes every time she hits him, each of which are 25 cents. Near the end of the series, the girl buys the guy a wedding ring with the money raised and proposes to him.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@Dustcan
It’s interesting because I just watched episode 5 last night and that’s how I was expecting the series to be, but I was surprised by how good episode 4 was. I kinda wish that’s how the rest of the series turns out.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Holofan4life
So her curse doesn’t trigger when she’s telling truth through notes. Which means her primary means of communication are through print?
How does the curse work exactly? This means she has to fake her name, fake her age, fake her everything…when speaking, but her ID can be real.
Does omission of detail, half-truths and technical truth count as being honest?
If somebody ask her where she from and she be like “I from earth” as opposed to straight up lying would the curse activate?
Also putting a money jar for dishonesty when literally her life could end if she says the truth, sounds mean.
Unless it’s the guy who’s putting money in the jar.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
@tehwatever
The way I’d imagine it is she took up a tsundere persona to combat her inability to be honest. So like when someone asks where she’s from, she would say something like “It’s not like I’m from X or anything!”
As for the money jar, I was thinking she can’t directly tell the guy she loves him so she tells him by stuff like stomping on his foot or punching him. And the guy, knowing she has a reason for doing so but doesn’t like being punched, has her pay him as a make good.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Holofan4life
So she just can’t be completely honest is what you’re telling me.
And the honesty has to be spoken honesty. Meaning she can still do schoolwork, be online etc without triggering the curse.
Matter fact, hiding behind a username online shouldn’t trigger the curse because obviously she’s using an online persona that, if she was careful about it, wouldn’t be associated with her.
In that case, I suppose she can live a decently long life considering ppl can go thru life lying all the time.
BUT, you need to separate honesty about self from stating facts or common knowledge, because you really can’t be doing daily tasks without adherence to common sense.
Being on time, completing assignments, fulfilling obligations or just being disciplined about a regular activity can be seen as honest in asian places.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
@tehwatever
I think the key is the guy knows that when she says stuff, she normally means the opposite of what she says, so he’s able to accommodate for that. If she was to state a fact, like what’s the capital of Wyoming, then that would be different than her stating her feelings. I guess the curse would have to relate to personal information about herself, not facts about the world. That way, she can maintain good grades and not count as being part of the curse.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Tsundere Akuyaku Reijou Lieselotte to Jikkyou no Endou-kun to Kaisetsu no Kobayashi-san is why tsunderes are the absolute best thing to ever happen to humanity. Nothing is more satisfying than a well-written tsundere.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Seeing the finale of Gundam: Witch of Mercury.
My conclusion is thus:
Loran Cehack from Turn A Gundam manages to STILL be the most mentally stable, actually functioning human effing being far above any Gundam protagonist so far. That in itself is a miracle in the Teenagers in Giant Robots genre, especially in Gundam, because apparently crippling mental illnesses or sociopathy is mandatory attribute to pilot killer-robots.
…if you think about it, maybe it is.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Why Loran is the most mature mf and is the literal BEST Gundam Pilot in terms of character:
-Is level-headed most of the time.
-Deals with stubborn assholes from all sides with empathy by listening to their words, without sacrificing his own values and is willing to argue back.
-Is alright with showing emotions, and does not have deep seated emotional baggage.
-Actually has no issue asking for people’s help
-Everyone else seems crazy in comparison to Loran.
-Best Girl and Best Boy all at the same time.
Posted Report
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
What’s the viewing order for the seasons in Re:Zero? You can judge me for my terrible taste, but I’m loading up a hard drive with a bunch of anime that I plan to share with others, and I’d rather not leave anyone I loan it out to to have to figure it out for themselves. Also, are the movies required viewing? I know some series can get kind of weird about movies, where all of them are basically filler, or some are connected to the plot while others aren’t… I know I should have done my own research, but I thought someone here might know.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide