General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

But the level of depicted blood and violence is NOT the reason why japanese fans dislike Chainsawman.
Japanese fans have a very refined taste and they clearly are more in tune to how a faithful anime adaptation should be like.
They criticize among others;
Makima getting the wrong VA to play her role.
Denji’s rookie VA being mediocre.
Anime gag faces missing in pursuit of more live-action vibe.
Pacing is slow and deliberate, unlike the fast and chaotic pace in the manga.
Forgettable music.
If there was someone who complained about the amount of blood on screen, they wasn’t loud enough.
Posted Report
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Finished My Hero Academia Season 4.
I definitely have some qualms about how certain elements were handled (the slideshow-esque presentation of Lemillion’s shining moment being the biggest offender), and the whole “reminding the audience of who the characters are” shtick got old after literally two episodes, but this was still a fantastic season overall.
This season also hit harder on an emotional level. Nighteye’s death especially had me in tears. I already knew it would happen ahead of time, but I still bawled my eyes out when it happened. It REALLY is that good.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
What if there was an anime movie where someone is stuck reliving the same day over and over again. However, each day is a different genre. Comedy, Drama, fantasy, mech, you name it, each with their own art style.
It eventually gets revealed that the person is reliving the same day over and over again because there’s a tsundere who has a crush on him who cannot confess her feelings to him. She knew the next day at school he was going to confess to his crush, so in order to stop this she put the world in an infinite timeloop until she becomes his crush.
In the end, the guy would be able to convince her that even though she’s scared and afraid of possibly being hurt, there are people out there who care about her. She is not alone, and never will be. They end up becoming friends and he ends up moving on as well after his crush turns him down.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Cyborg_pony
Guess which of these is the ai translation.

Ai could potentially be a helpful tool, but in this case they gave a few sample pages to someone to translate to promote the manga, but always planned on cheaping out and releasing the whole thing as ai nonsense.
Posted Report
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Dex Stewart
That wasn’t A.I. translated though.
Dont get me wrong, it’s an awful translation that goes to show why doing a 100% literal translation is a terrible idea. But that’s the extent of it.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Dex Stewart
One was made by a fansub, The other a company that paid people (same as one of your examples sadly):
A.I. art has gotten better and so will A.I. Translations. Pardon me; but I stopped giving a fuck because they didn’t about their own work yet still gloat, brad and demand being validated over it.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide