General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #869B
Then it’s no longer One Punch Man, innit? Means he’s always at a disadvantage and is be stuck with the worst gimmick. Slow hands and not being able to take a punch is the worst boxing build.
It’s really up to you to take an idea and use narrative techniques to build a story that vibes with the audience. A manga/anime doesn’t live or die on their initial premise alone.
You may have to come up with a pilot or a full one-shot to tell us what kinda story you going for, because using words like X Meets Y doesn’t say anything.
It’s like “from the producers of Nichijou, comes a slice of life that is Love Live! meets Fate series”
I have no clue what to take from that
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
So I’m finally trying out Dr Stone. It’s about as good as I imagined, but I hate the current antagonist even more than I thought I was going to.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Chippin’ In
I’ve been noticing recently that for the websites where I go to watch anime, a lot of them have instances where there’s text onscreen that, while not read out by any of the characters, is still meant to be important, but there isn’t a subtitle to provide a translation. Notably, it only seems to affect the dubbed version of the anime, and newer series in particular.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

T’would seem “The Dangers of My Heart adjusts” had fixed some terrible subtitles that weren’t ever said, and made it more to the original.
That is a win in my book.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Background Pony #869B
Jump Square, Jump Square Rise, Saikyo Jump, V Jump, Weekly Young Jump, Ultra Jump, Weekly Shonen Magazine, Monthly Shonen Magazine, Bessatsu Shonen Magazine, Shonen Magazine R, Monthly Shonen Sirius, Weekly Young Magazine, Monthly Young Magazine, Weekly Morning, Monthly Afternoon, Weekly Shonen Sunday, Monthly Shonen Sunday, Shonen Sunday S, Big Comic Spirits, Monthly Big Comic Spirits, Monthly Sunday Gene-X, Weekly Shonen Champion, Monthly Shonen Champion, Young Champion, Champion Red, Young Animal, Ribon, Nayoshiki, Hana to Yume…
What was I doing again?
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I gotta say, speaking as an anime only fan here, Kana from Oshi no Ko might be the best written character I’ve seen in quite some time.
Just the way Kana is written makes her feel very real and like an actual human being. Of the anime series the last couple years to be hugely popular, I’m talking worldwide popularity like Demon Slayer or Chainsaw Man, Kana might be the best written of all the characters. The closest I can think of in recent years to even come close to the level of sympathy I feel for Kana is probably Kaguya from Kaguya-sama and Rice Shower from Uma Musume, but I’d argue they don’t have the same level of worldwide popularity as Oshi no Ko does. Maybe Kaguya-sama does, but Kana might be a better written character than Kaguya.
I’m calling it right now, Kana is going to win the r/Anime best girl contest next year. It sucks as a Holo stan, but ain’t no way she’s winning against Kana. Kana has the recency bias behind her plus being the best written character in a phenomenal series. I have no idea what’s going on with her in the manga, as like I said I’m an anime only fan, but Kana is the highlight of an absolutely incredible series. She deserves all the happiness.
Background Pony #869B
What will take over as Shonen Jump’s flagship series when MHA, JJK, OP and BC all end in the next couple of years?
DoubleX
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -

I had been thinking - is there an anime that has basically the same badass and drama levels as Metal Gear Rising, Devil May Cry and Yakuza, but it is cute girls as the main roles?
luna's husbando

The animated series is an important part of the Devil May Cry timeline.
I kinda hope that Trish and Lady takes Patty under their wings and she becomes a badass demon hunter in her own right. She was playing around with Dante’s pool cue, so I bet she’d get into demon-slaying jodo or sojutsu.
Also, Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka and Izetta
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Black Butler is getting a new season.
We’re also getting a Suicide Squad anime being written by the creator of Re:Zero.
Are we now? Aren’t Ciel and Sebastian both in hell now, or was that just the anime ending?
Well, the Suicide Squad anime cant be any worse than the movie….right?
Oh, and apparently TRIGGER is digging Panty And Stocking Plus Garterbelt out of the grave it’s been lying in for the past 12 years. What they’re going to do with it is anyone’s guess. As a!ways, another season is the hope, but it’s basically the Half-Life 3 of the anime fandom, so.don’t hold your breath.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Random-Rambling
I think that’s how the anime-original second season concluded, but since the series is too successful to end, they opted to ignore it and continue adapting the manga instead (whenever there’s enough material to do so, of course).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide