General Anime Thread

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
So, I recently got the Sentai Filmworks Blu-ray release of Gatchaman, which has the uncut ADV dub from ten years ago (since Sentai Filmworks are basically the successors of ADV).

I’m only two episodes in, and it’s great. I can definitely see why it’s a classic. And the animation actually holds up really well, despite still having some of the quirks of early 70’s anime.

And what’s interesting is that the ADV dub almost sounds like they were intentionally trying to make it sound like a cheesy 70’s or 80’s anime dub, even if it is uncut.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@trashboat

Yeah, though I must admit I’m morbidly curious about the earlier dubs of the series, Battle of the Planets and G Force: Guardians of Space.
Virgil Stormblade
Thread Starter - The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
What do you guys think of Sentai Filmworks’ dubs? I’m not gonna lie, a lot of the time, their dubs are either mediocre and awkward or surprisingly good. But when they fail, man do they fail.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Virgil Stormblade

Are you exclusively referring to their more recent stuff AS Sentai Filmworks, or does the stuff they did as ADV Films count as well? I’m kind of wondering which shows you’re referring to, especially if you’re talking about both ADV and Sentai Filmworks…
Virgil Stormblade

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
@Jarkes  
Everybody else doesn’t do that? Sure, they technically were ADV back then, but ADV went bankrupt. And besides, ADV takes more liberties with their dubbing scripts than Sentai Filmworks does.
Virgil Stormblade

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
@Jarkes  
The World God Only Knows dub. That really underutilized the talented voice actors they have. And yet, on the other hand, when they’re good, they’re REALLY good. Like the Infinite Stratos dub. For a show like that, they sure gave it their all to make it as good as possible. And then, there’s their Angel Beats and Clannad dubs. And then, there’s those few times where they use Bang! Zoom Entertainment for their dubs of Persona 4:The Animation and K-On.
Virgil Stormblade

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
Say guys, which do you prefer? LA voice actors, Texas voice actors, New York voice actors, UK voice actors, Canadian voice actors or celebrity voice actors? Because LA’s got Richard Epcar, Daran Norris and my personal hasbando Yuri Lowenthal, Texas has Dameon Clarke and Travis Willingham, the UK and NY have some talented voice actors, Canada has Brad Swaille and Kirby Morrow and the celebrities have Cristopher Lee and Ron fuckmutherin’ Perlman.
atalarikt
Artist -

EqG fan + Love Liver
@SquiggyBomb  
Her works are extremely popular. It’s no wonder they got awfully long anime adaptations. And yet for some reasons, many of her fans, including me, consider her works far better than their anime adaptations. I think it’s because they all keep the direction straight and interesting by numerous original jokes, unlike the anime adaptations.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide