General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
A big part of why Darling in the FranXX is still popular is Animemes does Zero Twosday, which is when you post Zero Two memes on Tuesday. It’s gotten so out of hand the mods are considering banning people who repost Zero Two memes.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Holofan4life  
>Trigger  
But Franxx isn’t a Trigger anime, they just helped animated it

And Trigger’s movie Promare Didn’t become as popular despite Lio being 10 times sexier than any male character in Franxx
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
@Broken Adam  
I mean, when the series was airing, I saw it being promoted as a Trigger series. It wasn’t until after there was some backlash with the final episodes that it was revealed Trigger didn’t make it on their own. Going in, it was promoted as being a Trigger original, just like Little Witch Academia.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Broken Adam
I mean, when the series was airing, I saw it being promoted as a Trigger series. It wasn’t until after there was some backlash with the final episodes that it was revealed Trigger didn’t make it on their own.

Convenient.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Holofan4life  
Yeah, with normies.

Anime fans just move on to the next season, even after watching transcendent, all-time great shows (which FranXX is not). That’s the big advantage of the industry, the wide variety of shows that get rolled out every 3 months. Watching one show and then never moving on from it is something normies do.

And again, you are perpetuating this very corporate mentality of attaching art’s value to its popularity. For someone who seems to want to look like a smart, genre-savvy anime fan, only talking about the most popular shows (especially if you have never seen them) makes you look like a normie pretending to be a weeb.

@Holofan4life  
@Holofan4life  
Stop acting you actually watched these shows.

Remember Rikka’s thighs? I remember. Don’t act like you understand what makes that show good.

@Holofan4life  
No, that’s Trigger fans try to dump the blame on A1. If it turned out to be good, everyone would have given Trigger all the credit for it. People who actually paid attention to the credits knew from the start it was mostly an A1 production.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@dt  
@Holofan4life

A similar thing happened to Sarazanmai, where it was marketed as a MAPPA anime. Every ep was done at Lapin Track, with very little help from anyone in MAPPA. How MAPPA grifted their way onto the credits is a mystery.

I would say this is the industry learning to take advantage of studio loyalties.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide