General Anime Thread

Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I think the biggest problem with Monster Musume no Oishasan is the name. When people hear the name Monster Musume no Oishasan, they automatically dismiss it as being a ripoff of Monster Musume. In reality, Monster Musume no Oishasan is more in line with Spice and Wolf.
I honestly think if Monster Musume no Oishasan had a different name, people would be saying it’s the anime of the season. It’s that good.
Seriously, please watch it. It is so good. You need to watch Monster Musume no Oishasan. It is so well-written and clever.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Random-Rambling
It’s a shame some people will take one look at that scene and assume the series is an ecchi when really, it’s not.

Fair point. I did my research and found that she’s literally only like that because the mad scientist who built her was a total pervert. In other words, it’s not her fault. And I think she gets better when the doctor MC sews her back together properly, not the hack job of the last guy.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Flying Pancake  
It was? It didn’t sound as positive as I remember it to be. Not to mention it felt clumsy with how he got two simple names wrong and gave away a spoiler even though he tried not to mention spoilers.  
I do agree that the show’s biggest weakness was how many episodes it was given. I don’t know if it was intentional or unintentional from either Netflix and/or Trigger and I hope either company gives us an explanation. Then again, Beastars got a lot accomplished from having 12 episodes for its first season so what’s BNA’s/Trigger’s excuse? Still, I liked the episodes that I saw and hopefully if season 2 is greenlit, that season should get double the amount of what season 1 got.
Flying Pancake
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@Red-Supernova  
Oh, yeah, I forgot about “Mirichu.” Maybe I was projecting my thoughts there- It’s been a while since I watched the review.

I wonder if the show was planned for 24 episodes but had to cut down to 12 and didn’t adjust the pacing for some reason? It didn’t seem like they’d planned for what they had- you definitely could accomplish more than BNA did in 12 episodes, or even with a 2 hour movie, if done right. Hopefully there is another season, though. It’s a cool world that could really use some more exploration.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Flying Pancake  
Yeah, and the city of “New Anima” :P

I like what BNA provided but even I have to admit the small amount of episodes held it back. Hopefully there will be interviews with the creators about why we only got 12 episodes and what they really wanted to do. Maybe they can give us what they wanted to do with those additional episodes for Season 1 and any additional lore that while still didn’t make it in, is still considered canon.  
I loved BNA’s world, characters and art style. Those are what kept me motivated to see what was gonna happen niext But even with this anime’s major flaw, can I still recommend this show to a friend?
Background Pony #D9F8
Toshihiko Seki (Crowley in A Certain Magical Index, Legato Bluesummers in Trigun, Iruka in Naruto, Duo Maxwell in Gundam Wing, Ray le Creuset in Gundam Seed, Wing in Hunter X Hunter, and William Birkin in Resident Evil) has COVID-19.

I hope he recovers.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@Flying Pancake  
Well, I just wanted feedback to see if recommending it was a good idea. And those are all good points.  
I would love it if my best online friend could give it a try since its been a very long time that we’ve watched something together.
QuasarNova
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Imagine a sports shared universe

Where it’s different clubs with their different sagas, but all from the same school and different roles (like have the basketball club be the main protagonists from one part, then the kendo club are the villains)
Background Pony #8CFC
Can anyone recommend me a good TV-Y7 rated anime that doesn’t involve collecting monsters or cards to battle with? Like maybe something slice-of-life?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide