General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@DeathCloud  
I already posted this shit in the politics thread and I already said my opinion on it. Like, only one or two guys responded.

HERE’S MY TAKE

AND ANOTHER ONE

Anyway the fatwa is stupid, and I hate weebs. Read my linked comments for why. I posted it in the politics thread because this seems to me, a power play to severely restrict foreign entertainment content coming into Iran.

@Dex Stewart Imagine the man hours taken to pull that shit and not look ugly. No way. not worth it.

@Goku Black IMO that’s the idea. It’s like a soft ban. Make it utterly hellish to even try importing anime that nobody thinks it’s even worth the hassle.

@Penguin Dragneel Less so. Reminder that Iran is a country that allows for abortion and sex changes for trans. Their reasoning is as stupid as “if you show women not covering up, you might inspire others to do the same.”

Less “anime women are of the devil” and more “we already have women not wearing hijab, we don’t want to encourage any more of them to take it off.”

IMO putting hijab on anime girls or any character unless they’re already wearing one to begin with is stupid because it’s censorship of the stupidest degree. I PERSONALLY FIND IT HILARIOUS, but I can’t make a stand just based on my personal feeling and the potential for memes.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@DeathCloud  
I gotta correct the picture on this.

It’s a FATWA.

A FATWA is a non-binding OPINION of a learned scholar on a topic, using either ijtihad which is the scholar’s own discretion, or deriving rulings from their interpretation of the Quran, the Hadith, exegesis or works of past scholars and judges facing a similar / analogous issue.

It’s not a LAW.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
HO BOY I pity the guys who has to pretty much redraw entire scenes for practically every female character in whatever anime they decide to import. Keeping in mind the artsyle and the design and personality of said characters and…I’m getting a headache just thinking about it!

@Goku Black  
To be fair. Neither do pretty much everybody, many muslims included. So I’m not really mad at it.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
That’s what I’m saying. Get some 4kids crew to do it.fullfullfullfullfull  
All they’d have to do is just make one hijab,and put it over everyone’s heads. If someone says it looks bad,well,  
full
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
Well…  
to be fair, we muslim anime-enjoyer have been destroying your favorite anime by putting hijab and or kufi For the MEMES. Literally.

full

full

full

Edit: These are highly specific muslamic references. Lemme explain.

Qori / Qaari is a quran reciter.  
Losing your sandals / shoes in the mosque is VERY COMMON.  
All of us are self-conscious about our recitations.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Kumoko’s latest episode gave her the rest of her parallel minds!

full

HOODIE GLASSES made appearance for one second! YES! I’m hyped for next week.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@igotnopicks

Nah, Slime is a good show.

But it kinda undermined its own premise by making Rimuru simultaneously the most OP being evar and spends most of his time shaped like a human almost immediately.

Spoilers for Spider leads me to believe that sure, Kumoko does get a human…ish form. But that’s an “eventually” deal, and she also does become the most OP being evar, because of course it’s still an isekai after all. But here we are 8 episodes worth of content in and she’s still earning her victories through struggle and injury, so when she becomes the most OP thing evar I’m not going to be complaining. Because she’ll have earned it.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
Yeah I think it’s multitasking.

Anywah, this is excellent. Hoodie glasses has now gotten me fully invested in the show.

you see, it doesnt take much to sell me a show.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide