General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Holofan4life  
Hits way too close to real life for my liking. I loathe anime that portrays accurate real life consequences. Anime like that gives me unresolved feelings whose catharsis I dont easily find.

Had I have a stable career, friends, loved ones etc whom I could trust and discuss these with, I’d be okay. But alas, I’m lonelier than a cactus on a desert island.

As it stands, when a anime presents me with deep real life questions like that, I get emotional and if I dont have a good channel to vent them, I’d have to bury those feelings in an unhealthy way.

Thx for telling me about uma musume season 2. I’m sure it’s good but, it’s not for me. I cant handle feels and irl stuff.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Not entirely anime but I kinda wish Junko wasn’t killed at the end of Danganronpa. Like, it would’ve been way cooler if the protagonist of a sequel game was Otonashi Ryuko aka Junko’s other personality which existed from a prequel game.

You play as Otonashi and do usual Danganronpa stuff, but slowly uncover memories about your life as Junko. You start suffering from disassociative personality disorder but then make the choice in the end on whether to return as Junko or stay as Otonashi.

Best part is you can adapt this to the anime “End of Hope’s Peak Academy”. Why focus on Makoto when you can have Otonashi battle against Junko in a desperate attempt to see who gets to live or die, all while the whole killing game was happening. That would’ve been rad as hell.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Dustcan  
If you want to play a short VN, try “Long Live the Queen”.

Btw, there a reason why it’s short. You’re going to die.  
A lot. The game has so many bad ending.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I’m a Spider is giving me whiplash. Regularly goes back and forth between your average anime Dragon Quest / Final Fantasy fare complete with playing the tropes straight and Kumoko slowly going crazy with her Looney Tunes millennial tragic comedy.

I usually skip the non-Kumoko parts because they’re almost painfully generic. The guys in the human parts be like “oh no! it’s serious business! let’s everybody act the part” while Kumoko is out there cracking jokes, being genki, throwing random references and talking to herself to keep her sanity.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
Yeah. Kumoko and Fei seem to live in two different genres altogether. If Fei had the same “wtf is going on screw the rules I have memes” attitude throughout her part I’d watch it too. Unfortunately Fei is in the generic fantasy anime side of town.

It feels like watching two different anime. Imagine if you’re watching X-Men and Deadpool but they’re one movie and the scenes jumps back and forth between the two.

Also yes apparently Hoodie Glasses plays support to Witch Hat. Nice!
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

So there’s Kumoko (Intel Brain) then Headband (Body Brain) then Witch Hat (Magic Brain 1) and Hoodie Glasses (Magic Brain 2). I also love how she never bothered naming them, nor do they mind not having actual names.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
“No hablo isekai.”

I died at that line. Years of Spanish class was all built up for that one moment and I didn’t know it.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
Too bad I only heard her say “Ai Kyaanto Supeeaku IsekaiGo.”

But please let Kumoko speak spanish just for that one scene please.

“No Hablo Isekai!” Is just golden.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever

That’s what Crunchyroll subtitles said. Her speaking English but the English subtitles having to settle for Spanish to make the joke work is hilarious.

Man the worst part of watching Spider So What is the week long wait for the next episode. Although apparently this season might be 22 episodes long, so neat.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide