General Anime Thread

Background Pony #F241
@Penguin Dragneel  
I just want them to bring back as much of the original dub cast as possible.

Netflix has worked with several LA studios when dubbing anime, and several cast members from the English dub have moved there since the dub ended.

If NYAV Post or the studio that’s dubbing Pokémon Journeys for Netflix dubs it, that would increase the chances of Dan Green and Wayne Grayson coming back too if they try to bring back as much of the original cast as possible.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
It looks like Shinji and Mari ended up together

Huh. I didnt think that show even HAD ships, considering how everyone seems to be too screwed-up for healthy romantic relationships.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
It looks like Shinji and Mari ended up together
Huh. I didnt think that show even HAD ships, considering how everyone seems to be too screwed-up for healthy romantic relationships.

The final rebuild movie seems interesting because all of the main characters are seemingly given happy endings. Which you can say is intentionally meant to be the polar opposite of how End of Evangelion ended.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Latest episode of Tensei Slime was meh. I had an inkling going in the battle would probably take place next episode, as from a pacing standpoint it makes sense. My one major gripe is them showing the dragon flashback again. They showed us the dragon flashback the previous episode. Did we really need to see it again?

I didn’t mind the flashback to season 1 because it shows Rimuru’s thought process when it comes to humans. That being said, it probably could’ve been shorter than it was. I probably would’ve cut a couple minutes from the flashback as well as the dragon scene and put in place the beginning of the battle. I think it would’ve made the episode flow more naturally.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Finally bought into the Jujutsu Kaisen hype, and started reading the scanlations.

My initial impression of the first volume so far has been:  
What if you’re Bleach, but also Naruto? I like it. It follows a similar beat to yer usual shounen fare, anyway. I like it.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Penguin Dragneel  
I’m excited for Chainsaw Man as well.

As for Jujutsu Kaisen.  
Yeah, it be kinda bland, but is kinda why I like reading it. The humor is chill and millennial, the characters are every archetype ever, the artsyle’s legible and the story is about as standard-fare as shounen goes.

It is NOT as hype as I thought it’d be. which actually made me appreciate it more. Idk I kinda like it chill.

Same reason why I prefer Sweet Home the webcomic to Sweet Home the Netflix adaptation.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
If they’re ever going to make more Korean manhwa into anime, then I recommend Burning Effect.

You like shounen battle mangas with over-the-top fights but also properly scaled? You get BE.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide