General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Tsunderes and redemption arcs are the best because we’re all looking for improvement, so seeing people become better is nice and feels rewarding.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I found myself once again skipping the human parts of Kumoko. Which means I probably only watched like one-fifth of Ep 10.

Guys! When the human story section starts getting less painfully generic and more meme-y with added millennial depression humor, wake me up.

On the bright side, I love Parallel Minds! Please let them stick around.

Edit: Idk what form she’ll take in her next evolution but I hope Headband Witch Hat and Hoodie Glasses keep their respective accessories.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever

I appreciate the human sections for what they are. They’re less entertaining than Kumoko’s, but their existence do enhance hers.

For starters the existence of a B plot in of itself helps break up the flow of the A plot and keeps it fresh. The contrast between how well off the rest of the class got it (minus Fei) helps hammer in just how much Kumoko got the short stick. And it builds anticipation for an inevitable reunion.

That last part especially gets me. How will Kumoko handle it? Will she be welcomed in open arms? Will she snap at just how unfair her deal was, and start her road down to villainy? Or will she be attacked and rejected on sight, also potentially turning her into a villain?
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
@tehwatever

@Dustcan

I originally didn’t really like the human sections, but my enjoyment for them has gone up in the last couple of episodes. Even still, it’s ironic that the best character in the human sections happens to be someone who isn’t even human (Fei the dragon).
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan  
@Holofan4life  
My issue is that the human section has been so far generic af. Not to mention played 100% straight with very little subversion. Even their names and design are uninspiring.

Kumoko managed to be interesting and entertaining partly due to her cartoon-y design, overexaggerated expression but mostly how she seems to be in the wrong genre, even lampshaded by the series’ ending song.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
So the latest episode of Spider clears up something that’s been bugging me.

Specifically, it confirms that the A plot with Kumoko and the B plot with Shun takes place years apart. Kumoko didn’t hatch while the rest of her class have already spent 15 years or so of their lives running around in the world, the Kumoko sections take place 15 years before the human sections and we keep jumping back and forth.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
Hm…I guess that’s that, then.

Explains why everybody in B Plot seems so in-character while Kumoko is absolutely fish out of water. That would answer why it’s such a genre shift.

I had been questioning whether or not Shun Fei etc had been rewritten into specific characters or also started from birth. I guess it’s clear now.

But then another issue. How’d they remember and care about their past lives so much, considering 15 years (or more) had passed since they first got in the isekai? 15 years is a long ass time.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@tehwatever

Yep. I’m like 90% certain now that Wakaba didn’t get reincarnated late, everyone in the class got reincarnated at the same-ish time. Which means while we’re seeing Kumoko’s antics the humans are likely just a few days/weeks old, and when we cut to the teenager human segments Kumoko has already done her stuff.

Incidentally that egg Kumoko wanted to eat back in…the first or second episode? I’m pretty sure that was Fei. Man I’m really interested in those 2 now.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
So only Fei got reincarnated late, considering Fei is kinda like, Spike (mlp fim) in terms of how old she is compared to the rest of the reincarnated students.

Also. It would mean Elf-Sensei was telling the truth. When she said Wakaba is dead…then yea Wakaba dedd.

Whoa. So basically Kumoko has like, what…15 years max before her inevitable death.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
If you want spider isekai spoilers  
D was Wakaba, she gave her memories and fragment of her soul to random spider in classroom to still cover fact that she was lazying around Earth  
I’m really fan of this revelation
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide