General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I just rewatched the human section of Ep 10. So if Dustcan was right then what Ronandt was fighting with…WAS OUR GIRL?! I’m so proud OMGG!! She be using them EVIL EYE and practically owned everyone just by glaring! She’s so cool!

Good good. Now I’m interested in the human parts.

BUT it’s still hella generic. Can’t the humans make meta-jokes or something? That interaction between Ronandt and Birus (whatever) was just, again. plain ol’ boring. Example:

Ronandt: “Why the rush? Is it because you just can’t wait to see your baby again? Also your wife? Har har har”  
Biruris: “Rondandt-Samaaaa!” as if implying that question was embarrassing to answer.

Ugh. Whyy? Can’t you gimme something like this for a change:

”Exactly! I wanna go home! I wanna see ma damn baby, my damn wife! every second I spend in this godforsaken dank ass cave hunting for some goddamn spider is a second I don’t spend with my family! So if it’s at all the same to you, I’d rather we do this quick.“

OR have some rando soldier go ”Hey btw, today’s my last day. Inherited a decent sized patch of land and starting tomorrow I’m gonna be a farmer!” for that EXTRA death flag announcement.

But NOOOOO everything sounds like every other fantasy anime. Come on, guys!
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Ep 10 Kumoko Spoiler:

||HAHAHAHAHA! OMG I so wanted to see what happened during the Total Party Wipe from her side! I wonder what kind of things she said to those guys Hahahaha!

I imagine something like: “Ey that’s MY HOUSE! You just torched my house are you crazy?! What the hell, man! Do you know how long it took me to build it?! Oh! You wanna go?! You wanna do this now?! Okay fine you brought this on yourselves!”

To think everything coulda been solved relatively peacefully if she knew cómo hablar isekai. If Bururis (whatever) had just let Ronandt approach Kumoko he MAY have been able to somehow communicate with her, potentially preventing getting their asses handed to them. ||
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
So only Fei got reincarnated late, considering Fei is kinda like, Spike (mlp fim) in terms of how old she is compared to the rest of the reincarnated students.

Nah Fei got reincarnated at the same time as everyone. Except she really got the short stick by reincarnating as something with a long incubation period. So yeah, if my observation is right then the timeline more or less amounts to:

A) Everyone reincarnated at the same time.  
B) Wakaba reincarnated as something that hatches and matures quickly.  
C) While the rest of the class is still learning how to crawl, Kumoko is fighting a horde of monkeys and lava eels. Meanwhile, Fei is stuck in an egg.

@tehwatever

I just rewatched the human section of Ep 10. So if Dustcan was right then what Ronandt was fighting with…WAS OUR GIRL?! I’m so proud OMGG!! She be using them EVIL EYE and practically owned everyone just by glaring! She’s so cool!

Ja. There was a bit after the credits that outright states that was Kumoko.

It also confirms that A) Kumoko as a cute spider is all in her head; in reality she looks hairy and terrifying and B) Kumoko can’t talk. It’s once again all in her head.

Also she thinks it’s okay to kill them because it was self-defense. And now she’ll probably eat them.

That’s kinda funny. And kinda concerning.

@DeathCloud

If it was obvious then I’m dense.

But in hindsight a lot of things are now making sense and being re-contextualized.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
She went from running away from humans to one-shotting them with Sharingan. So I guess she’s at the top of the food chain now.

She can’t talk but she CAN write, can’t she? I wonder why she doesn’t just carve japanese words to communicate. Granted nobody would understand what she’s writing her BUT at least they woulda figured that this bigass spider knows speech.

If Ronandt had just managed to maybe communicate with her, the present day (B Plot) would have been very different.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever

Between her interaction with spike knight and Ronandt I get the impression that she thinks she is talking. But, like, she’s not. So from her perspective she’s speaking perfectly fine but they’re ignoring her anyway.

Also if she no hablo isekai then obviously she no puedo escribir isekai either, so it’s a moot point.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
Not escribir isekai. Escribir japanese. She’s smart enough to craft faucets, sink and smart TVs, that even Ronandt knew that she was intelligent and sentient. Shouldnt take long for him to figure that she understands language, even if not his language.

Like, had Kumoko left marks on her crib or elsewhere in Japanese or even in English, even the regular humans woulda figured out that they’re probably words and letters, and not some random marks.

Unless ofc, Admin D would just warp whatever kumoko wrote into actual gibberish with no rhyme nor reason, or worse, delete them entirely.

Btw yeah looking at how “The Nightmare” was moving its forelimbs in their encounter. We can definitely imagine Kumoko’s usual table-flipping angry frustrated yelling.
Vivace
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Took a look at Love Live SIP and Sunshine. Wasn’t disappointed.

Best girls (SIP): Maki, Nico, Nozomi.  
Best girls (Sunshine): You and Yohane.

I do love all 18, to be sure.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
Sunshine is like, death incarnate to me. I’ve tried watching it three times and never made it beyond halfway through the first episode.

The characters are just too awkward. It bites so hard on the idea of mixing the ideal idol mannerisms with anime tropes and ways of communicating that the characters come off as totally inhuman at points, responding to things and saying things in ways that evoke a feeling akin to the ones I get watching a cringe comp. “God, why would you say that?” “Who would do something that?” “I can’t watch, the secondhand embarrassment is too strong.”

SIP aged like milk for me, but at least the characters had a touch of believability that let me and my already-low standards for suspension if disbelief buy into what they were selling. Sunshine completely lacks that.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@WyrmSpawN  
Because Netflix likes to wait until the entire season finishes before they legally stream the sub and dub, which increases the chances of piracy.

Pokémon fans were lucky that Journeys was an exception, although that could be due to it being a long-runner.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Kumoko ep 11 preview.  
Looks like we will get to see who killed Julius.

Also it seems like the Parallel Minds keep their respective accesories post Evolution! YAY!

Hm…Kumoko is still getting regularly hurt by the monsters in the Labyrinth it seems. I guess that makes humans to be kinda on the weaker side if Kumoko could just destroy them with zero effort.

And due to this revelation of Kumoko already being up and about while everybody else was either egg or babies, then I guess I can conclude that Julius’ scarf was made from Kumoko’s webs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide