General Anime Thread

Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Did truck-kun did it again?
full

One thing I love about this manga is that in one chapter, he tries to hit some fat glasses-wearing nerd but he’s proven to be too competent and repeatedly dodges from getting hit, forcing the truck driver to hit him by hand. The truck driver then had to run away to avoid being caught by cops.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Ep 11 I’m a spider. Ugh, why did I read the comments. I mean I suspect it due to how the scenes are set, but as per usual it would be too easy a conclusion too make.

But thanks to reading the comments it’s confirmed that Pale Hoodie girl that killed Julius is your one and only. She looks good tho! So she finally gets a human form after all. Nice. But does she hablar isekai? What about her Parallel Minds? Are they human girls too? Do they keep their respective accessories? Can we see Hoodie Glasses in human form?!
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@WyrmSpawN  
We saw the other White Spider die, killed by Julius. It also knows how to hablar isekai. So unless Kumoko somehow learned how to telepathically speak then we can conclude that, whatever Julius killed wasn’t Kumoko. (but then again, it’s been 15 years so she probably could have figured out how to speak by then).

BUT, I do suspect that White Spider is related to Kumoko somehow. The easiest conclusion to make is that she’s Kumoko’s spawn. It’s been 15 years after all. She prolly at one point settled down and spawn spider babies.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
Before the reveal of the 15 years gap between A and B plot yeah, I thought it was some extra powerful spider ghost demon that MAY be an indicator of how powerful Kumoko can become, to be able to stand toe-to-toe with human adventurers–and the HERO no less.

But seeing how easily Kumoko wiped Ronandt’s party and knowing that she STILL has 15 more years to develop her skills, I figured she’d be one-shotting practically everybody by the start of the B plot.

But wait. Didn’t Elf Teacher said Wakaba’s reincarnation is DEAD? That’s before Pale Hoodie one-shotted Julius right? So what gives?! Is Pale Hoodie Kumoko or not?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Wasn’t the spider called “Nightmare’s Vestige”? Maybe Kumoko got a new body and her old one was still running around till Julius got to it?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
Not outside the realm of possibility. But does that mean the Parallel Minds were the ones in control of Nightmare’s Vestige? Did Julius just kill Hoodie Glasses?!
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Am rewatching Kumoko eps but english dubbed (ep 5 now)

Somehow the B plot sounds WAY more tolerable dubbed than subbed. The dub gave that slight hint of sass and silliness I find missing from the B plot.

No joke I actually enjoy I’m a spider dubbed better than subbed. But only on the B plot.

On the Kumoko side I…like them both almost equally. I’m actually always excited every week because I essentially get two new Kumoko eps.

Hearing Kumoko rant in american is kinda hilarious.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
Me too. In the latest ep, Fei is evolving again. She gonna be kinda bigger I suppose. But I wonder if she has the same talent towards OP-ness the way Kumoko does.

Ironic that in the ED, Kumoko (Wakaba) laments that in an ideal Isekai world, she would be a pretty girl cruising on easy mode.

Fei seems to have what Wakaba wanted. Although being a cute lizard pokemon may not count as a pretty girl but at least Fei got the easy mode.

Wakaba on the other hand may have become a pretty girl but it took her 15 years of blood sweat and tears on Dark Souls difficulty.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@DeathCloud  
Ommggg. so wholesome.

Btw I can’t get over how much I’m actually enjoying the human portion in the english dub. Shun doesn’t sound like your usual jrpg pure protagonist. In the dub he just sounds like your average “nice guy at school” with a hint of “I’m smarter than you” and the chatter sounds more like they’re reincarnated from 21st century earth with their memories intact. There’s also a noticeable amount of “sass” in the dub’s delivery, making the B-Plot seem, in my ear, less generic than the japanese original.

Fei and Kumoko still retain their attitude in the dub so I love it. Fei in general is why I still could tolerate the human parts in So I’m a Spider.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide