General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Holofan4life  
Me too. I only recently started to appreciate the human segments even if they lack humor and charm and everybody’s so deathly serious the entire time but this episode was just a slap in the face.

Edit: Pleaaase give me some comic relief or a joke or cynicism or irony or references PLEASE. Shun-kun come on, bro! Fei was the best part of the whole thing, really. She kept that sass and made it bearable. Everybody else needs to develop a sense of humor.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I’ve gotta say, So I’m a Spider So What is the first anime I’ve ever seen where the CGI is amazing and the 2D animation is terrible. Given anime and their tendency to have horrible looking CGI, this is especially weird.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
@tehwatever  
I find it hard to call it a slap in the face when the spider segments are still excellent. The first half of the episode was legitimately amazing, especially the whole freak out scene.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Holofan4life

We got confirmation that Kumoko did in fact eat those people, and her spazzing and dances aren’t just in her imagination.

Seeing her freak out from the human perspective was hilarious.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Holofan4life  
I meant the second half, because it be the human part. the first half I loved, because Kumoko does her usual Kumoko routine, complete with self-deprecation and millennial humor. Also I agree. Most of Kumoko is 3DCG and I barely mind it. The SHUN part is…alright. The colors, the anatomy, artstyle, art consistency between scenes, costume design etc is nothing offensive, if unimpressive. Serviceable, really.

IMO 3DCG works when you’re animating your 3D model. Kumoko and every other 3DCG creatures in So I’m a Spider is good but not amazing. Animated however, complete with her chaotic insane personality, Kumoko somehow managed to make her 3DCG self look less weird.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

So now I’m watching “Been killing slimes for 300 yrs and maxed out my level” just because of Aoi Yuki.  
Apparently hearing her frustrated has awakened something in me.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@tehwatever  
I honestly dropped that manga/light novel after the spirit of dead slimes join together to enact revenge, only to become their killer’s daughter because love and why the fuck not.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Scrabbleman  
I don’t mind it, tbh. I’m past the point of taking it even slightly seriously. Wasn’t even laughing at the anime considering it wasnt funny. It’s chill, tho.

I prolly will just drop it because frankly it’s kinda slow and boring (that’s kind of the point) and binge it later after two months or so.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
The dub had one job and it did it.
“No habla Isekai. Donde esta la biblioteca?”

Why is “Where is the library?” such a meme in Spanish? I’m pretty sure Deadpool wasn’t where it originated….
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@tehwatever

If you want to defend yourself just do boxing and catch wrestling for enclosed spaces

Kicks are useless and sans very rare exceptions, one strike to the jaw and the nose are enough to end a fight
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@QuasarNova  
kicks aren’t useless. in fact it’s because of this default “kicks don’t work” mindset that makes kicks a sneaky fight-ender. It’s those very devastating shin kicks, calf kicks, oblique kicks and shots to the knee that really freaking hurt. Personal experience? When under pressure, you almost always default to boxing (even in sparring) so brutal low kicks are rarely in you or your opponent’s mind. rarely do ppl think you’re serious enough to launch a kick, much less at their legs or knee, where ppl don’t pay attention to.

but you’re right. most fights end when the other draws blood or are shocked enough to regain their senses. Once a person realizes it’s not worth it, they’ll quit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide