General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I know people have told me that post episode 15, Darling In The FranXX suffers a decline in quality, but I disagree. Some of the episodes post episode 15 are actually pretty good. I especially like episode 19 where we learn the doctor’s backstory and why FranXXs were created.

I didn’t really notice a decline in quality until episode 20, when I feel the show kinda jumps the shark. But prior to that, I really liked episodes 16 to 19. I thought they were of the same pristine quality as the first 15 episodes.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I get that millennials feel betrayed and abandoned by and dealt a shit hand and all of that stuff but…

But DAMN I didn’t know revenge fantasy manga is such a goddamn popular genre. Are they really that cathartic?

Berserk’s lucky enough to have had the chance to really flesh out the backstory as to WHY Guts is such a vengeful mofo but we are always constantly reminded that, you know, vengeance is self destructive, even when it may provide closure. Guts throughout his journey has now aged so much, he looks at least 32yo despite being only 22yo. And he’s at the point where he can’t taste food anymore. Skull Knight, a kind of mentor figure always always reminds him that the path he’s on will lead to nothing good, speaking from his personal experience.

Meanwhile other new isekai / rpg fantasy immediately just gives you “here’s your innocent relatable protag, here’s your backstabbing antagonist, now watch your protag rape debase mutilate humiliate the antagonist as payback and you gonna support him 100%”
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@tehwatever
Why can’t he taste food anymore?
Who knows. Maybe his body hasn’t regenerated enough to return his sense of taste? Personal experience: I recently had parosmia (distorted sense of smell) that basically makes anything any citrusy-smell to smell like rotten lemon. I didn’t get hit or anything, but it’s kinda common that any damage to your body may or may not disrupt your normal sensory functions. Took me close to a year to recover from it.

Guts has had faced multiple physical abuses past what his human body could endure, and has recently been on a on-and-off periods of extended unconsciousness (like, up to two to three days) after a major battle, so I expect his brain is still wonky, and his taste buds not properly registering tastes, is plausible.

Skull Bro even warned Guts that he may eventually experience blindness if he keeps it up.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I feel like the priorities of those that write ‘monster isekai’ never seem to line up with my own.

I’m glad it’s finding a niche, but i feel like i may never find The Best, you know?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@QuasarNova  
It’s a bit liquid to be honest, but i think what makes me drop them long before i would be ready would have to be evil main characters(and i mean like really bad), really disturbing concepts, power that quickly becomes meaningless, strawman evil humans (and not strawman humans that get their shit ruined just as bad) and losing the main thrust(that is to say, perspective difference) of being a monster too soon.

Granted, not all of them have these and they are subjective a criteria as they come. It might be I’m overly particular.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide