General Anime Thread

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever

I think it’s more just general escapist fantasies instead of ‘life after death’ idealizing. “Transported to another world” plots has always been popular, it’s just that the whole dying part being necessary as an impetus is more recent.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan  
Yeah, and why is that? The observation is that reborn isekai is making rounds, rather than just teleported isekai.

I did mention escapism as a factor, but how did it go from a “I ran away from home into a different city” sort of escapism into a slightly more morbid “If I die maybe I can get into Equestria” kind of escapism?

The idealization of a life after death is easily observed and sort of hard to ignore, ESPECIALLY given the highly suspect “second chances” narrative going on in many of these.

I would rather believe that ppl are actually being anxious about death, than to think that ppl are merely capitalizing on a current meme (reborn isekai) which, is probably the more likely.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@tehwatever  
Hiya, I’m a licensed funeral director, and I’m working on getting my embalming license stateside, since a lot of countries that don’t traditionally embalm require being licensed in a foreign country as a pre-req. And that aside, in funeral directing, I’m past the point of earning an entry-level salary. I’m pretty confident that anxiety about death isn’t my issue here. You die, you don’t have concepts of shit like anxiety because you’re not sentient, you end up on my table, I wash your ass, drain your blood, cut open your arteries and pump your corpse full of chemicals. The same thing will happen to me when I die, and I won’t have to worry about it because I won’t be sentient anymore either. So it is, so it’s always been. Waxing poetic and trying to do psychological evaluations on an audience based off of surface level interpretations in regards to what’s typically a minor detail you’d find in the most general entry in a genre is kind of pretentious, honestly.

It’s way more likely that sometimes amateur writers, like the type who are primarily getting discovered and published for their entries on the JP equivalent to FictionPress, will fall back on simple and oft-used explanations to progress the narrative to the point that they actually give a shit about and view as the main focus of thei story. Hell, sometimes critically acclaimed authors will do that too. Dying and getting transported to another world in the afterlife is relatively simple, straightforward, and most people will understand it.

Sometimes the curtains are just blue. K.I.S.S. I’d put all of my chips in on it being a trend - a utilitarian one instead of a stylistic one at that.

Which, most of you here are seasonal watchers so putting trends in a negative light is a bit silly if ya ask me ¯*(ツ)*/¯ That entire way of consuming anime is pretty much premised around watching stuff because it’s currently relevant, sacrificing your ability to determine your watch pace so you can socialize about your hobby with others in threads like this one, and then never bringing this great anime you watched last season up again once it’s finished airing and the new batch of things everyone is talking about is leaving the starting line.
Background Pony #3B96
I’ve started binging on the original “Sailor Moon” on Hulu, dubbed version.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
No, not moving on. Dubs are a sickness. A moral plague upon society. It is the burden of the few to remain in the light and oppose the chaos they plunge us into.

Riddle me this: What is COVID-19 if not God’s punishment for the normalization of something as unholy and profane as anime dubs? Why do I own multiple VHS tapes of dub fans saying things such as “I love Satan. I want to eat babies.” and other blasphemous words? So many questions, so few valid, logical answers.

The NWO has gone as far as to tamper with the Bible itself to try to normalize anime dubs. They only speak of 10 Commandments, but evidence shows that up until just a century or so ago there was an 11th - “Thou shalt not dub anime.” Why is this not taught in public schools?

Someone has to stand for what’s clearly right. I am proud to count myself among the few who do, and our father in heaven smiles upon me for it.
Background Pony #3B96
Current status on my dub watch: Usagi, Luna, Rei and Ami go to Dream Land to investigate a disappearing group of people, but Usagi’s carefree nature in the park puts her at odds with the more mature Rei.
Background Pony #3B96
I’ve reached episode 13: The Sailor Guardians have their final battle against Jadeite at the airport, during which he learns of their true identities. Before he can tell Queen Beryl, she loses her patience and has him put to eternal sleep. Looks like things are gonna get tougher for the girls soon enough…
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@ghostfacekiller39

Your closed mind BLINDS you to the wonder and the GLORY that is dubbed anime! Unnatural, you say? Hah! Only a weak-minded fool would decry that he does not understand, and I understand perfectly BECAUSE I have dubbed anime!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide