General Anime Thread

Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Cyborg_pony  
Not surprised. Not dissing on Astro Boy though. In fact Tezuka’s artstyle as a whole played a part in the artstyle of the Mega Man series.  
Also I’ve seen that Astro Boy-style Mega Man before. It was for the Capcom vs Osamu Tezuka characters exhibit. Which the art piece representing the exhibit had Bokko in it!

I think that, I might be wrong, Kimba the White Lion and Unico are somewhat more well known than The Wonder/Amazing Three which really blows. They’re as of now the only Tezuka characters that have caught my interest and I really want to see their series, even though its mainly because I’m furry for Bokko.

@tehwatever  
YES. Dragon Maid is an adorable show.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
EHAN used to like Nichijou a lot, and other KyoAni CGDCT. I remember he liked Dragon Maid decently enough, but got put off by the relatively high amount of fanservice for a KyoAni work. Then again, he was a massive prude.

CGDCT isn’t my tribe so I can’t talk about the genre in depth, but it didn’t take the GochiUsa approach of being a black hole of nothing, so that’s cool I guess.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Random-Rambling
Wait, how am I just now seeing this? That’s a dangerous road you’re on, brother. I’ll be praying for you. 🙏

Dropping the gag for a minute, the story behind the English dub of Ghost Stories is amazing.

The TL;DR version is basically the original Japanese flopped SO HARD, they told the English dub team said “I don’t care WHAT you have to do to sell this, but you NEED to sell this.”

The script writers and voice actors were given absolute free rein over all aspects except for one restriction: don’t change the story. Everything else, however, from character beats to voice direction to just straight-up throwing in raunchy jokes? Go crazy.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
After years of demand and anticipation, Komi Can’t Communicate is FINALLY getting an anime adaptation. It’s supposed to premiere in October.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
“Haha Ghost Stories dub funni”

“Anime was a mistake” - hayao miyazaki

FBI jokes

The pinnacle of humor, impossible to ever get tired of such original and fresh funny jokes haha
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Does Shun / Schlain from So I’m a Spider ever abuse his Yuusha status? I srsly want him to abuse it. I want him be like, randomly lockpick somebody house’s front door, enter, look around the house, appreciate and appropriate whatever he fancies.

If the owner of the house be like “I’m being ROBBED!” then Shun can be like:

“Hello there. I’m the Hero, I’m not robbing you, but I am looking through your belongings without your consent. Let me take this valuable golden spoon which I can sell for decent money and also this sweet roll here. Thank you for your contribution to fighting the demon army!”

And then he goes to another house and does the same.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
So The Wonder/Amazing Three only have four of their 52 episodes with English subtitles while the rest are from the dub. Did the people who translated the original audio episodes lose interest after doing episodes 1, 2, 3 and……7? I don’t know why they just jumped all the way to seven. This anime has been very cute so far and I want to see more but oh my god, I don’t know if I can tolerate the dub. I heard the theme song for that and I’m like “Get that outta here boy! Give me my OG whimsical theme song that is meant to be a fitting contrast with the themes of war and corruption!”

Its amusing that my renewed interest in anime is largely focused on furries and monster girls.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan  
Maybe, but every RPG hero can always rely on a good ol’ walk into somebody house in broad daylight and clean the place of valuables. If he’s public enemy #1 then it’s all the more reason to do it. Look it’s easy. All he gotta do is crouch.

How he gonna cover for the expenses of a dragon girlfriend if he don’t got some cash on hand?

@igotnopicks  
Sooner or later he’ll find out that being good doesn’t always mean following a strict arbitrary self-imposed code of conduct that nobody else follows.  
Hugo’s got the right idea, actually. They ain’t in Japan no more.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever

>dragon girlfriend

Man I hope. But it’s a coin flip on whether this is a series where he gets a girl, and even that’s a coin flip on the dragon lady or his female male friend.

Or they could go really crazy and give us Shun/White…
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
He WILL get a girl. He’s royalty. Like it or not somebody somewhere will ship him with somebody even without his consent.  
So it’s less of a coin flip and more of a d20, considering there’s probably a lotta prospects that we don’t know about.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide