General Anime Thread

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever

Sure if he was the main lead. Then of course with his circumstances he’d be looking at a completely wrapped up story.

But he’s technically the secondary lead so eh.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Holofan4life

Pan is also the name of a god, giving her name a double pun following her maternal lineage.

Also, King Piccolo’s children are all named after musical instruments, Ginyu Force are are dairy products, saiyans are all vegetables, Red Ribbon army are all colors, etc.

Remember, Toriyama is and always will be a comedy mangaka at heart.
Background Pony #3B96
Last “Sailor Moon” episode finished: The Summer, the Beach, Youth and Ghosts

I love how Usagi’s English VA says “Ghosts” in a spooky way.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
It’s interesting to see the direction my light novels took and ended up becoming. Originally, my first novel was done out of frustration that Asuka from Evangelion never really got the hug she deserved. But it eventually turned into an exploration of being gay and self-harm and therapy and learning to accept yourself for who you are.

The same could be said for my second light novel. Originally, it was meant to be my version of Toradora. Instead, it turned into an examination of mental health issues in men and highlighting how men can experience depression and severe emotional conflict just like what you see with women in media.

I don’t know why my writings always delve into depression and mental anguish. But what I do know is I hope that maybe my writings could help someone who is experiencing depression and/or mental anguish. Be that voice to let that person know “You’re not alone. We can get through this together.”
Background Pony #39A2
What’s the appeal of a tsundere?

Since when is being bipolar and passive-aggressive endearing?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #39A2

Originally “Tsundere” meant the process of character development. A character started out rough and standoff-ish before opening up as the story progressed. And that’s where the initial appeal come from.

But then it got simplified to what it is today. Doesn’t matter if they changed over the course of the story, all it takes to be a tsundere nowadays is one dropping of a “I-it’s not like I like you or anything, baka!”
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #39A2  
Imo? Dramatic irony.

You the audience usually knows what’s behind the tsun tsun act, while her love interest doesn’t. So when she finally goes full dere dere it’s cathartic, like some kind of closure.  
There is a trope called Defrosting The Ice Queen, except the tsundere doesn’t just give the love interest the cold shoulder, she goes out of her way to express her dislike towards the love interest, to further mask the fact that she harbors feelings towards them.

in Hentai it goes one step further. MIND-BREAK. This is when a character (typically female) ACTUALLY HATES / Dislikes the “love interest” but he rapes her again and again until she’s well…mind-broken, and finally is enslaved as his lover. This mind-break fetish is actually kinda common. Heck, we saw it in Healer Hero (except he cheated, he just brainwashed her directly, rather than making it a gradual process)
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Just watched Paprika for the first time with my parents. I think I liked it?

It was weird and surreal and somewhat confusing, but I think that was the point.

Also I’m like 90% sure that Christopher Nolan saw Paprika at some point because Inception is so similar to this film it hurts.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I like how in the latest episode of Zombieland Saga, they actually say that the people of Saga are aware of the fact that the girls look like the celebrities they were before they passed away. They even mention how most people were poking fun of the fact they look so similar. Obviously they still don’t know the celebrities they look like are actually them but as zombies, but I’m glad that the main plot hole from season 1 got addressed with a reasonable explanation.

I’m also glad the reporter guy from season 1 returned. Season 1 ended on this cliffhanger of sorts, and for a while I thought they just dropped the reporter storyline. I’m glad to see it’s still a thing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide