General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@ghostfacekiller39  
Also in case you didn’t realize. All of them were jokes.  
Not one of us in our most recent posts made any judgement on the actual quality of the show (So I’m Spider) from the MC’s apparent OP-ness alone. So…idk, man.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

[Mr. Kentaro Miura’s death report]
Dr. Kentaro Miura, the author of “Berserk”, passed away on May 6, 2021 due to acute aortic dissection. We would like to express our utmost respect and gratitude to Dr. Miura’s painting work and pray for his soul.
May 20, 2021 Hakusensha Co., Ltd. Young Animal Editorial Department
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Cyborg_pony

Im watching HxH with even more concern now

This is a genuine tragedy casting a shadow for years to come

Even of Miura-sensei had written down some ideas on where the story would go let’s be honest, we are going to tell what was patched over the general stuff, and there is a big chance it will be polarizing
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

It’s really really sad. I haven’t read Berserk and I’d like to read it. But I admit that he was an inspiration for many people, especially the Hidetaka Miyazaki games. Two of my favourite games of all time are Dark Souls and Bloodborne and their take on modern fantasy was inspired by Berserk. The armors, the enemies, the dragons, the knight Artorias, the snake-men… It sucks.

RIP.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
Fuck man, that’s awful.  
Also dark souls took a lot of inspiration from Berserk.

Btw, I recently finished Magia Record, and I’ve started watching Initial D and Strike Witches.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
Dying from an aortic dissection at 54 is kind of impressive, tbh, not to sound tasteless

I’d imagine he was a very high stress individual with a very sedentary lifestyle - like, considerably moreso than the average mangaka - considering how strong aortic walls are and how much they’d have to have been weakened to allow a dissection to happen in the first place

This usually happens to men in their 70s after decades of degeneration and even then it’s pretty rare, to have it happen about 20 years early is extreme
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@ghostfacekiller39  
He was working on a manga series for a little over 3 decades prior.

Even putting aside the monthly release and the constant hiatuses, the dude’s artstyle was INCREDIBLY detailed, and I believe he once said that he worked 16 hours a day on the series.

@Mikey  
I think you missed that time where he went on a “Jesus Saves”-esque rant about English Dubs.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
Also Japanese entertainment and creative culture has an extreme emphasis on creator’s word of god/authorial intent, in contrast to American/European widespread acceptance of DotA which is pretty dismissive of as much

Berserk is pretty much dead in the water, this is a case where values tend to stand in contrast with each other overwhelming majority of the time

I.e. the studio he trained helped create his vision under his direction and only did so with him providing as much, so unless he left them a very detailed roadmap to follow after his death (like why Zero no Tsukaima was finished after its author croaked from cancer) it’s pretty much done for
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@ghostfacekiller39  
Yeah, Japan favors a creator’s wishes more-so than the West ever will.

It goes a little something like this…

Japan: A creative work can only ever be done by the creator, therefore we shall respect his wishes and end the series.
U.S.: OMG LOL Steven Hillenburg is totes dead! Now we can like totes make that baby spin-off and milk his creation dry!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide