General Anime Thread

ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
DotA is far superior to author’s word of god for critical discussion and audience interaction/interpretation both (i.e. imagine having to take every shitty tweet JK Rowling does about Harry Potter at face value)

It’s just less sentimental in cases like this, more or less, seems more harsh and corporate even though I’d argue it’s much more for the individual consumer’s benefit

Authorial Intent = Author says, so it is

DotA = individual interpretation/audience reaction comes before author’s claims/statements

I do side with the West over Japan on this one tbh, the freedom in how you can explore and interact with a given work far exceed the drawback of ending up with a series becoming a shell of itself after the OG isn’t working on it anymore
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Witch Dagger!
Well, today’s episode of Zombieland Saga was pretty enjoyable. Maimai is super adorable and I like how she and Sakura kind of connected due to them both being fans of idol groups (Sakura being a fan of Iron Frill while Maimai is a fan of Franchouchou.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Is there any sliver of hope the Berserk manga does a Familiar of Zero and reaches a conclusion despite the author’s demise? From what I’ve read, the author of Berserk was meticulous in mapping things out ahead of time.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Holofan4life  
I honest to god wouldn’t know. I’ve heard that Eichiro Oda has the ending of One Piece meticulously planned out for release in case of his premature death, but that’s about it.

And even then, there’s no telling how well it would go.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Okay, well, this is awkward. I mentioned in another server that I was going to skip watching one episode of LWA because I can’t do scenes of characters being humiliated in front of their entire class, as they always give me second-hand anxiety. Then one of the people there said that that was the entire series.

Now I don’t know if I want to keep watching.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
I think I’m experiencing Deja Vu with myself. Right now, I’m still really interested in Osamu Tezuka’s The Wonder 3/The Amazing 3 and I’m even learning awareness about the legendary manga artist’s body of work. Why does is this Deja Vu with myself? Because over a decade ago, I had a similar experience with Don Bluth’s work and being strangely nuts over one of his more lesser-known works. I feel I might have the same experience with The Wonder 3 & Tezuka because I’ll move onto another thing that will have me thinking about it for the next couple of months. At least I can respect another big name in anime and his influence on the medium.

Also I found this really cool collection of pics that showed what Tezuka’s characters would look like in a fighting game. Although I think the title “Symphony of the Blood” and the “game’s” interface design looks way too gothic and unfitting to represent Tezuka’s work, I do like how everyone was given bios and what their moves would be. They look like what my fictional game ideas would look like if I drew more and put some careful thoughts into what the game play would be like. But man, of all the times I wish I could read Japanese. :( If there’s any here that can, can I at least have a translation for The Wonder 3’s character card? Information about this would be a fun talking point with one of my other friends who is a big Capcom nut and see who would get if Capcom Vs Osamu Tezuka characters was a real fighting game.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide