General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Uma Musume S2 is the greatest selling late-night anime of all time, beating giants like Bakemonogatari, Madoka Magica, and Attack on Titan.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Holofan4life  
THAT GOOD, huh?  
Well, then…I’m prolly gonna pick up Uma Musume S2 about a decade from now, once the hype has settled down.  
I love good series with great complex characters, but I don’t like watching it with errbody.

Trash anime, violent anime, hentai, generic fantasy rpg, and meme anime I’m okay with watching it the same year it comes out. Good anime? The one everybody praises for its actual quality? Then I’ll watch it later.

Reason is because I’m an uneducated, smol brain casual and me enjoying a good show actually makes me feel absolutely inadequate. It’d be like walking into a restaurant or community who is frequented by people way better than me.

Guess I’ll have to put Uma Musume on my 2030 list.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
Uma Musume S2 is the greatest selling late-night anime of all time, beating giants like Bakemonogatari

i mean do you have sales figures for Monogatari relative to other big name late night anime so I can throw that at people on MAL

iunno what it is with monogatari fans but they really tend to want to act like they’re watching megaobscure, arthouse shit
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
So basically, SHAFT fans.

They’re one in the same

More than that Gatarifa(n)s just tend to be an absolute plague, to a far greater extent than Madoka or fuckin’ iunno, SZS or Natsu no Arashi - yes, all 4 fans of NnA

I really dislike Monogatari fandom, years of arguing over the exact same bullshit about application of fanservice with them and putting up with the Holier-than-Thou attitude they have towards other H&E series - assuming they don’t come up with absurd bullshit to try to deny it is one, it’s a 50/50 chance - has really wore my nerves

Watching Monogatari is for REAL anime fans that don’t just watch NARUTO and the ecchi is SYMBOLIC and HAS MEANING SO ITS OK and watching it makes your shit stop stinking, idk

You’d think it was a small studio, arthouse passion project with the way they talk about it, and not an ultra corportized, heavily merchandised anime that has a near full adaptation and THREE very clearly high budget movies

Hell the first season has over one million members on MAL and you can’t fucking escape the horde of Shinobu pfps online if you tried, I promise you’ve all seen at least 5 if you’re active in the anime fandom outside of this thread, even to a small degree

Honestly laziness is the only reason I haven’t changed my 5 or 6 year old PFP on this site, if this place had more visibility and wasn’t a niche within a niche I would jet right to it on account of fear of association with Monogatari fans
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Uma Musume S2 is the greatest selling late-night anime of all time, beating giants like Bakemonogatari
i mean do you have sales figures for Monogatari relative to other big name late night anime so I can throw that at people on MAL
iunno what it is with monogatari fans but they really tend to want to act like they’re watching megaobscure, arthouse shit

Here are the 2000s TV anime series initial sales

1st place Uma Musume Pretty Derby Season 2 99,002

2nd place Love Live! 2nd Season 82,119

3rd place Osomatsu-san 79,000

4th place Love Live! Sunshine! 66,745

5th place Yuri! on Ice 63,559

6th place Puella Magi Madoka Magica 62,004

7th False Story 57,512

8th Attack on Titan 56,793

9th Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY 56,760

10th Bakemonogatari 44,885
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
It’s being reported the 99,002 number Uma Musume reportedly sold in its first week is false. They actually sold 112,030 in its first week.

By comparison sake, Bakemonogatari has sold 110,502 BD/DVD copies over its entire run, while Evangelion has sold 210,000 copies.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
By comparison sake, here’s a list of recently released anime BD/DVDs, to give more of an indication of how much of a juggernaut Uma Musume is.

1: Uma Musume season 2 volume 1: 112030

2: Love Live Niji volume 6: 18473

4: Jujutsu Kaisen volume 5: 14722

6: Natsume Yuujinchou movie 2: 8878

8: Idolish Seven season 2 volume 7: 7265

9: Yuru Camp season 2 volume 2: 6751

11: Gochi-Usa season 3 volume 6: 5105

12: SK8 volume 3: 5064

15: Strike Witchies season 3 volume 6: 4342
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Holofan4life  
9th Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY 56,760

SEED. DESTINY.

Were the other 10x better Gundam series aired at a different time slot or something? SEED DESTINY is kinda bad by Gundam SEED Standard. Those were sales figure right? so probably other factors other than the actual quality of the series were at play here.

Seed Destiny is, oh god why kinda bad, ESPECIALLY in the latter third of its run.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide