General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

More anime should have set up for Jojo reference and not use it
IMO, that’d still be a JoJo reference, but subverted.

Like if characters blatantly tried to setup Rohan’s ‘Daga Kotowaru’ one-liner but the character ends up not doing it, it would still count imo as a JoJo reference.

I mean, as long as the audience gets it…

Yeah I’m okay with that. Jojoke setup without the punchline. Sure. That’d be fun.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@tehwatever  
I just meant doing normal things in story and only Jojo fans would cry about missed reference because their pattern recognition fooled them

Also Jojo didn’t invent “For me it was Tuesday” villain attitude to their crimes it was long before it or Street Fighter movie
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@NeoEnvy  
“The hierarchy breaks together.” Unless that line in of itself is also related, then it’s just treating a character touching another character’s shoulder from behind as a reference. Which isn’t a fucking reference at all, JoJo fans are just the personification of secondhand embarrassment.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Like username Random-Rambling’s post implied: EVERYTHING is a JoJo reference. That’s the meme.

Mine and Random-Rambling’s post point out how Jojo meme fans practically just do shitposts, really.

like of course not every little thing is a JoJo reference but that’s not the point! The Jojo shitposter sees a random power tower and say “how can I make this into a JoJo reference”

It’s best to just either ignore Is That A JoJo Reference post entirely or take part in it, because calling it out is a waste of time imo.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Only three more episodes and I’ll be all caught up on AoT.

It’s amazing how every time Floch is on screen, I manage to hate him even more.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide