General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I’ve been killing slime for 300 years the anime is my current guilty pleasure.

it’s…not good, not offensive, boring, generic, uninspiring, slow and it’s not even well animated in many scenes but…but for some dumb reason I like it. like a lot.

I normally put it on, listen to it while I’m drawing while occasionally glancing over what I miss.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

AAAND Today’s episode is about artists.

One character is a broke talentless aimless undisciplined artist who doesn’t wanna sell out and does his own thing, no matter how little fans she’s got and the other is a decently skilled artist who doesn’t mind jumping on a bandwagon and makes dough selling what’s popular.

The episode centers on music sure but somehow I FEEL CALLED OUT. I HATE THIS EPISODE SO MUCH. Actually I don’t. I love it. Hm…
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

10 episodes in and I think I actually don’t mind…no, I prefer chill boring slice of life where there is absolutely no overarching plot, where nobody dies (actually untrue. one character is a ghost and the other a reincarnation) and everything somehow works out in the end, no matter what kinna bullshit they pull.

Fave character: Beelzebub (pronounced Bill Zee Boob).

A powerful extremely rich politician who practically solves everybody’s problems with money network and influence. best friend and rival of the world’s strongest character, our protagonist.  
She is also, very nice. Like, it’s almost refreshing to see nothing sinister about such a character. She seems to genuinely, have people’s interest at heart and although she can be brutally honest and pragmatic, it’s just because she doesn’t like nonsense nor pretense.

Our MC, who owns a cabin in the woods and lives off a modest (okay let’s be real, that is actually middle to upper class) income with two daughters and four other freeloaders, regularly asks Beelzebub for help whenever she finds a problem she can’t just literally magic away.

So far, I’m…very okay with the series. Definitely not something I’d recommend anybody for but…if you’re into boring chill relaxing and forgettable background anime that doesn’t fight for your attention then yeah, 300 years killing Slime.
Sven-Pon

I rewatched Inuyashiki for the second time somewhen this year and I still love it. I enjoyed other works by Hiroya Oku, but Inuyashiki has this…other feel to it. Gantz lets me feel real fear, enemies that seem impossible to defeat or overcome. Surreal. Pure survival but with almost zero hope to succeed. Inuyashiki on the other hand feels more real and relatable. It made me root for even smaller side characters, such as the homeless man who simply wished for another chance, to return to his love. The show made me think a lot about the topics, the world, the characters and my own feelings and emotions. After witnessing Shishigami’s cruel deeds, it felt so nice and warm to have the caring, empathic old man, who tries to help the best he can, just so he can feel humane.  
And the show is full of irony. The punishment, the same old caring man gave to the Yakuza, was one of the most extreme things he could have done. He is able to do something like this… Similar to Shishigami, who can also be nice towards the people he cares about. I also like to imagine the “president’s” face after the world was saved, referring to his last words on TV (which were a bit more extreme in the Manga).

Some shows are just so good, I don’t think I will ever experience something similar ever again. I feel the same about Hunter × Hunter. And MLP of course. :)
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@igotnopicks  
No sexy times. Nada, despite the show being all female and there might be some ship tease among the cast. But nope, turns out perhaps everybody straight.

The show is all female, all straight, no sexy time.

There are male background character but no male character at all. Not even the equivalent of Spike or Big Mac.

I flat out disliked the show when it first aired, due to how generic its aesthetic, setting and theme is, not to mention it being barely animated half the time, I find myself actually unironically enjoying the show now.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide