General Anime Thread

Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
Finally settled on what I’m watching next. I’m going with GRIDMAN. The fact that it’s 12 episodes helped with the decision.  
Didn’t know that it was made by Studio Trigger before now. Might explain why I was drawn to it.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
Man, blindly following Trigger. Memories of 2014/2015.

Honestly? Kind of glad they fell off in brand popularity after their past few years of releases that seemed to fail to capture what made people like them. It was so hard to tolerate their fans. Nobody was as quick to put you and what you liked down and then put their stupid brand name on a pedestal like Trigger fans used to be. Trigger saving anime, my ass. The holiest of holier than thou. Trigger is here to take anime, fuck over everything you like, and make it “great” again. “Save” it. Hearing this over and over again was tiresome.

Studios don’t matter. The people in them that call the shots that create the finished work matter. People didn’t like Trigger. They liked Imaishi. And when Imaishi wasn’t heading off works for them nearly as much as he used to, poof - there went the people who used to try to put Trigger over as the “saviors of anime.”

Some studios leverage this type of brand name recognition into greatly increased budgets from production committees, though. They’re not handing off Yaiba or BnHA to fuckin’ studio .feel. Think Bones, MAPPA, White Fox, so on and so forth. Higher budgets = more money to sink into production values. Higher production values almost always guarantees a better response from the general audience. Better response means greater potential return on investment. So throw that investment at established, big brand studios. That’s the only exception to people >>>>>> studio, and I’d honestly call it a noob trap. Dangle shiny thing and people grab and all, critical thinking be damned.

Otherwise? People >>>>>>> studio. Every time.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
Now that I’ve wrapped up GRIDMAN, I actually did a little bit of research on the show. I had a feeling that they were things going over my head, and now I understand why.  
Anyway, can cross that one off the list. Was going to dive straight into Space Dandy, but another show caught my interest and I’ll be looking into it first.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Finally watched all of Brand New Animal.

It just sort of went from “Zootopia with even more racism” to “Xmen 3 with Kaiju battles” really quick.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
Watching an anime or reading a manga adaptation of a light novel series is always a frustrating experience, because it seems the adaptation only ever goes up to a certain point in the storyline before it stops. And people aren’t as keen on translating light novels as they are with manga or anime, so if you want to look into the source material, unless you get very lucky, you’re usually SOL.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Zincy  
It was more X Men than Zootopia from start to be honest, well Xmen if most mutants actually migrated into their own isolated mini country
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
One of my big themes as a content creator is to kind of do the exact opposite of what Evangelion did. While a big theme of Evangelion is constantly screwing up and suffering the consequences and the effects one endures when you’re not of a healthy mindset, I want all my series to be about what happens when you have an unhealthy mindset and you’re able to free yourself from it.

I sort of view my stories as wish fulfillment in a way, as I perceive myself to have a toxic outlook on life and I hope to one day rid myself away from that.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
And that’s a wrap on Hundred. It was decent enough for what it was, perhaps a little bit rushed, but that’s what happens when you try to stuff 4 volumes worth of content into 12 episodes. And although the anime itself was wrapped up nicely enough, from what I understand, there’s more to the story. Fingers crossed that it gets another season, especially since the light novel it’s based on is finished.  
Now, what next? Honestly, I really should make a list.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
Well, I guess the choice is made. I can’t recall exactly where I heard it, but the name of a show was bouncing around in my head for a while, and since it’s another that’s only 12 episodes long, I decided to give Akuma no Riddle a shot.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I need to watch Blue Gender again. It’s one of the better “gaia’s revenge” plots out there.

I have it on DVD, been years since I watched it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide