General Anime Thread

ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
literal owner of H&E over on MAL with (or used to have) a stronger forum presence than i had here back in the day to boot, I am the alpha ecchifa(n) on one of the largest anime community websites out there, smh

expecting anything else disappoints me
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
Akuma no Riddle is a dark series, but considering it’s focused primarily on assassins, that’s to be expected. I’ll be finishing up before the end of the day, so if anyone has any suggestions for what to watch next, I’m all ears.  
Preferably something more lighthearted.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started Renai Boukun. Don’t get me wrong, as a comedy its a real gutbuster, but it has some surprisingly serious moments, too.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
And another one bites the dust. Unfortunately, I burned through Renai Boukun a little too quickly, and now I don’t have a follow-up ready. I kind of want to stick with something hijinks-y, though.  
EDIT: Well, guess my choice is made. Shinmai Maou no Testament it is, an adaptation of a light novel with character designs from Nitroplus.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@Silent_Witness  
If you want an H&E that’s got an absurd/stupid sense of humor like Renai Boukun/something “hijinks-y,” Testament ain’t it. It’s more like a battle/action harem. It takes itself decently seriously for the most part.

For whatever it’s worth, my favorites that I’d call similar to Renai Boukun in terms of comedy are Seto no Hanayome and Kenkou Zenrakai Suieibu Umishou. Umishou starts off kind of slow/weak but it’s my favorite between the two. The pros Hanayome has over it is being two cour and more consistent in its quality.

Either way, I don’t think Testament is what you seem to be looking for.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Dex Stewart  
Let’s be honest; Digimon is the perfect venue for this kind of parody, and the most hilarious part of it is:

The people who normally say they want this kind of thing in entertainment saying “Everything is x” while wagging their fingers at the computer monitor while type are the ones complaining as per-usual showing how they’re hypocrites, because it’s not the way they would want it done.

I’ve seen for months and shown in a thread of Japanese artist being treating terribly by a gangs on Twitter that imbibe in: Appropriating characters from another country and telling artist of that very same how they allowed to create works of them, Projecting what traits onto characters or saying artists they don’t like are doing bad things and they’re “calling attention” it which causes Harassment to the point many have they deleted their work and accounts and make it hard for people that liken their art-style to find and support them to no satisfaction to the ones that caused it. All the while having seem some try and pimp their patreon as along with “fixed” art of “offensive” designs.

Also, from what I heard, the fanfic reading was kinda cringe.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
I feel like I’ve been burning through series a little too quickly. But Shinmai Maou no Testament is finished. Luckily, there’s a second season I can dive into.  
I have to admit, Burst caught me a little off guard. I was expecting it to be like the manga, which is a side series, but no, it’s a direct follow up.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Some time I want to just plop myself down and binge through all of Digimon Adventure 2020.  
Also Digimon Universe Appmon.  
So I can be all up to speed when this comes out.  
full  
No goggles?
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
I actually followed my own advice and started writing a list of shows I plan to watch once I’m finished with my current series. It’s fairly short- only about seven entries or so- but at least I won’t be scrambling to fill the void again.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Should I buy a 120 dollar vinyl of the BNA ost and an art book? No.

Will I buy it anyway? Yes, yes I will.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide