General Anime Thread

Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
And that put a cap on Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst, at least for the main story. Like Hundred, it wraps up its arc decently enough, if a bit quickly, though like the former, it ends on a minor cliffhanger that could open to another followup. And, I can’t know for sure whether it followed the light novels, or if it deviated to do its own thing.  
I’ll go through some of the bonus content, but in the meantime, I should settle on my next show. I have a few options lined up, but at the moment I’m leading strongest towards Kyokou Suiri.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
And that’s a wrap for Kyokou Suiri. It’s a little slower paced than my usual fare, but I enjoyed it. I’ll need to keep an eye out for the next season.  
Alright. What’s next on the itinerary…
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
Have to admit, I was a little disappointed with the series I decided to binge next, Trinity Seven. Though I can’t tell if that’s a fault of the anime being super-compressed, or a fundamental fault with the series itself. Though the opening theme is a lot more rocking than it has any right to be.  
Ah well. Onto the next. I’m starting to run out of one season shows.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@Silent_Witness  
Whatcha dislike about TS?

I think it’s a great anime, honestly. There’s a lot of stuff about it that’s hardly remarkable - both in concept and implementation - but the cast dynamic felt killer, man. Not necessarily individual characters, but more how the chemistry the lead cast had as a group. It felt like character interactions were the selling point, making both the ecchi elements and the action/magic school elements feel more like window dressing. Establish a strong cast dynamic and incorporate some tits and fights to spice things up a little. Worked well in my book.

Inverse, if you were more seeking out good ecchi (I thought TS was kind of above average at best and meh at worst in that department) or some kind of narrative (which would make most H&E series, uh…questionable decisions) then it makes sense. But cast dynamic, man. Trinity Seven’s cast had such awesome chemistry. The charm of it was less in the climactic moments and more in the silly, pointless interactions and conversations that comprise most of the show’s runtime.

In terms of pure harem it’s probably a top 5 for me, but when you make it a Harem&Ecchi it’d just be high-tier since the “okay” ecchi aspects drag it back some. Shit like action and narrative would hold little appeal if not carried by the Harem&Ecchi stuff in it, but that’s how most of these shows are (stuff like action or comedy is tertiary to the H&E elements) so using it as a sort of aesthetic or for cool factor is 100% fine by me.
Background Pony #1A3C
Nearly a year after announcing they’d acquired the rights, GKIDS has officially unveiled the first ever North American Blu-ray release of Neon Genesis Evangelion and put two different versions up for pre-order. The first one is the standard edition, which includes the “official” dub and subtitled versions (i.e. the versions done by Netflix) of all 26 episodes of the original series and the two finale movies (Death (True)² and The End of Evangelion), as well as over five hours of bonus features.  
full

The second version is the collector’s edition, which additionally includes a 40-page art book, eight art cards, the video format version of The End of Evangelion, and the “classic” dub and subtitled versions (i.e. the versions done by ADV Films) of the series and movies.  
full

There’s also an ultimate edition that was put up for pre-order a few weeks ago. It includes everything the collector’s edition has, plus a bigger art book (156 pages instead of 40 pages), limited edition artwork, art boards, a Sachiel resin paperweight, and a NERV ID card with lanyard. Unfortunately, that edition is limited to 5,000 copies, and it sold out within just a few hours of going on pre-order.  
full
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
So, after spending a double-barreled week with Busou Shoujou Machiavellism and Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle, I decided to dive into the show I’ve been meaning to get into pretty much from the beginning: High School DXD. And now I have the first season under my belt.  
Now which one is next? I don’t want to have to guess…
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@Random-Rambling  
I wrote a lengthy ass bit about why I hate it on MAL somewhere. And keep in mind, ecchi is my shit. It being an ecchi is a positive to me. It’s just the implementation is garbage.

I stopped being 14 10 years ago, man. A bare tit isn’t a big deal to me anymore.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Random-Rambling
I wrote a lengthy ass bit about why I hate it on MAL somewhere. And keep in mind, ecchi is my shit. It being an ecchi is a positive to me. It’s just the implementation is garbage.
I stopped being 14 10 years ago, man. A bare tit isn’t a big deal to me anymore.

This! Exactly!
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
Now I’m not quite finished with my current series, but I’ve already decided to dive into the next. And I may or may not have accidentally burned through 3/4 of the first season in less than 24 hours. To spare myself from the judgment of everyone here however, I won’t be disclosing what series I’ve started.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
You know, I never cared much for the credits songs for most animes. But there’s something about the one for DanMachi’s first season. I made a point of listening to it for every episode.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide